Weird Meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm picky about tomatos too but not as bad I used to be. I won't put tomatos on my salad if it's just a side salad with dinner, but will use them if it's a salad meal like a cobb salad or something similar. Don't put them on my sandwiches either unless it's a BLT, which I love. I love Margharita pizzas too, close to the only kind I'll eat anymore, but they have to be thinly sliced. Only use ketchup if the french fries aren't that great or if it's in a recipe, although I will eat it on a BK or Wendy's burger.

Back on topic of weird meals, nothing that I can think of anymore but when I was a teen, french fries and a chocolate milkshake or french fries and a chocolate eclair when out with friends.

I like to make french toast with a batter of egg, milk, sweetener, and cinnamon. I cook two pieces on the griddle at the same time. I flip one, put a couple slices of thick-cut Velveeta on the cooked side, place the other cooked side on top, and finish like a grilled cheese sandwich. Serve with maple syrup.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I like to make french toast with a batter of egg, milk, sweetener, and cinnamon. I cook two pieces on the griddle at the same time. I flip one, put a couple slices of thick-cut Velveeta on the cooked side, place the other cooked side on top, and finish like a grilled cheese sandwich. Serve with maple syrup.

I do something similar. I just leave out the cinnamon and use fresh mozzarella instead of velveeta and I serve it with cracked black pepper and maple syrup. :yum:

I love cheese with sweet things like syrup and jams.

I'm happy to see I'm not alone in not liking Tomatoes. :)

They were created to be thrown at bad performances. ;)

So far I haven't seen any "weird" meals on this thread.

All I've seen are different tastes from different people and varying attitudes on when they feel like cooking up a storm or taking it easy now and then.

That to me is a good thing. :LOL:

Chief, The Wawa stores around here sell breakfast sandwiches made with pancakes instead of bread or muffins. Your creation of French toast sounds good. Might have to give it a try someday. :yum:

And when it comes to Velveeta. Sometimes there is a need for what it offers. Doesn't matter how much someone wants to complain about it not being a "real" food. It is the taste that is desired.
Kind of like Spam. :chef:

... The Wawa stores around here sell breakfast sandwiches made with pancakes instead of bread or muffins. Your creation of French toast sounds good. Might have to give it a try someday. :yum:

And when it comes to Velveeta. Sometimes there is a need for what it offers. Doesn't matter how much someone wants to complain about it not being a "real" food. It is the taste that is desired.
Kind of like Spam. :chef:

You have a great head for food. No food-snobbery around here. If it tastes good, and it fits the recipe, then use it.:punk:

Take it over the top by adding a patty of good breakfast sausage, or ham, or cooked bacon slices between the slices as well.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I have no head for food.

I just have a stomach that likes most of what I put in it. ;)

"No food-snobbery around here."

I've noticed that and it's why I like the place.:)

" If it tastes good, and it fits the recipe, then use it."

So your a mind reader as well as a chef. My thoughts exactly. Just don't over do anything. :LOL:

You said bacon so I'm sold. :yum:

Bacon is a spice now isn't it? :chef:

How's this for strange. Left over spaghetti noodles saute'd in butter (not skimpy butter but enough to coat the noodles) and then you sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top. Ridiculous. Delicious. All the things my doctor warns me about all wrapped into one dish. =0)

I had a major problem with malted milk balls today...it was what was for lunch. I hope the Easter candy is gone spoon.

How's this for strange. Left over spaghetti noodles saute'd in butter (not skimpy butter but enough to coat the noodles) and then you sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top. Ridiculous. Delicious. All the things my doctor warns me about all wrapped into one dish. =0)
We used to saute the leftover spaghetti noodles in butter and then top with ketchup (the kind in a tube) when I lived in Germany...

Not sure that this one qualifies as strange. It's not to distant from buttered egg noodles, which is a favorite of many. Now throw some anchovy paste in there, with a crushed banana and you would have strange.:LOL:

And no, I'm not gonna try it.;) Earthworms baked in a flaming paper cup is as far as I ever went, and I'll not do that again either. I mean, I was only 8 years old. Someone should have taught me better.:ROFLMAO:

"Earthworms baked in a flaming paper cup " :ohmy:

Please expand on this. ;)

I was mistaken. It wasn't a flaming paper cup. It was a flaming paper milk carton.

I was walking in an alleyway with a friend. We were both about 9 years of age. And I had purchased a half-pint of milk in a paper carton from a nearby store. In our conversation, the kind that young boys have, he stated that he'd heard that they ate worms in
Africa. Somehow, we agreed that I should see what they tasted like. I said that I wouldn't eat the raw. He had a book of matches in his pocket. We turned over a log and picked out a fat worm. I stuffed it into the empty paper carton and lit it on fire. I then removed the "cooked" earthworm and took a bite.

Do not try this at home! It tasted so bad, you just can't fathom it. It may not kill you, but I guarantee you will remember it for life.:LOL: I'm still not shy about trying new foods, but am much more selective of things I'm willing to try.;)

I was mistaken. It wasn't a flaming paper cup. It was a flaming paper milk carton.

I was walking in an alleyway with a friend. We were both about 9 years of age. And I had purchased a half-pint of milk in a paper carton from a nearby store. In our conversation, the kind that young boys have, he stated that he'd heard that they ate worms in
Africa. Somehow, we agreed that I should see what they tasted like. I said that I wouldn't eat the raw. He had a book of matches in his pocket. We turned over a log and picked out a fat worm. I stuffed it into the empty paper carton and lit it on fire. I then removed the "cooked" earthworm and took a bite.

Do not try this at home! It tasted so bad, you just can't fathom it. It may not kill you, but I guarantee you will remember it for life.:LOL: I'm still not shy about trying new foods, but am much more selective of things I'm willing to try.;)

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom