Well dinner is started ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
...Jimmy and Dennis have gone to play racquetball. And Kiersten - well she's asleep on the livingroom couch and has been since 1pm. Yesterday she had gone to the doctor and was diagnosed with tonsilitis- again.Being a singer every ailment she has seems to be throat related.Angel had gotten into bed with her this morning after I got up.She only came out into the kitchen to see what I was doing when I started to make the desserts for our friend's house tomorrow night.Then she was back with Kiersten.Kiersten arose about noon-she struggled down her antibiotic and a vicodin and half a eggplant sandwich-( I give her credit for that,that had to be hard swallowing that) of course with Angel by her side.Kiersten then said she was feeling lightheaded and headed for the livingroom couch- which nobody really uses. I cleaned up the kitchen and went to check on her and lo and behold -up on the couch behind her legs was Miss Angel -puppy who knows better than to be on that couch.She started to thump her tail and look at me with those soulful eyes and I let her stay-Yes I am a sucker!!!Angel came into the kitchen to "help" me get dinner started and to get dinner of her own. She also reminded me she doesn't like mushrooms when one hit the floor and she kept looking at it and me.Yet when I "accidently" let a baby carrot roll off the counter- there was no complaint from my sous chef Angel.:angel:

Vicki,
how cute. I have a doxie, my third and she is the sweetest dog. She adores the grandkids and when they fall asleep she snuggles down by ther heads or feet and keeps guard.Unless like yesterday one of them spits up on her:ROFLMAO: She is like a small garbage disposal in the kitchen, as were my other two, drop it and it belongs to them:LOL: l She eats anything except lettuce...Since we got out new leather sofa I've made her stay in a little bed by me..For 8 months now, when I watch tv, I can feel those soulful eyes staring at me:LOL:

There is nothing like a pooch !!

kadesma:)

That is sweet!! Isn't funny how dogs know when your sick? They're always there to make you feel better no matter if your sick or just sad. That's why I can't live without them. It's such unconditional love!!

Dogs seem to have some special affinity with humans. Perhaps it's because they've been with us so long.
My dear friend Maggie had the biggest heart I've ever seen. If there's a heaven, and I go, I'm sure she will be there waiting for me, wagging her tail.

Constance said:
Dogs seem to have some special affinity with humans. Perhaps it's because they've been with us so long.
My dear friend Maggie had the biggest heart I've ever seen. If there's a heaven, and I go, I'm sure she will be there waiting for me, wagging her tail.
Connie,
you had a Maggie? Wow, my little balck and tan doxie is Maggie. One of my very best friends..Always knows just how I'm feeling..

kadesma said:
Vicki,
how cute. I have a doxie, my third and she is the sweetest dog. She adores the grandkids and when they fall asleep she snuggles down by ther heads or feet and keeps guard.Unless like yesterday one of them spits up on her:ROFLMAO: She is like a small garbage disposal in the kitchen, as were my other two, drop it and it belongs to them:LOL: l She eats anything except lettuce...Since we got out new leather sofa I've made her stay in a little bed by me..For 8 months now, when I watch tv, I can feel those soulful eyes staring at me:LOL:

There is nothing like a pooch !!

Ah yes, dachshunds. Or as I like to call ours, an attention hound, chow hound, booze hound, all around cover hog!

How can something that small hoard all the covers on the bed so effectively???

Ours was rather ticked off last night since we had dinner at Dad's house, and when we got back, she was NOT happy with us.

John

My sister had a dauchshund when she first got married- his name was Sparky Lyle.This little guy had an attitude not to be messed with!!!His bedtime was 10pm and if you were still sitting on HIS couch at 10pm- the warning growls commenced and if you ignored him,he would jump to the back of the couch and proceed to bite at your ears!

ronjohn55 said:
Ah yes, dachshunds. Or as I like to call ours, an attention hound, chow hound, booze hound, all around cover hog!

did ya ever notice that people and their pets begin to resemble each other after a certain amount of time?

buckytom said:
did ya ever notice that people and their pets begin to resemble each other after a certain amount of time?

HEY!!! I DO NOT hog the covers!!! :-p

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom