Well.............had some ugly fugly food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I've been pretty sick recently and our children thought they'd make things easier by providing us with some prepared meals from a local Mennonite market.

Okey, dokey. These "dishes" are prepared in an 8-inch aluminum casserole pan with a paper lid.

We were gifted with 3 of these meals. The sticker price on the top was $15.95. 'Cuse me!?

At any rate, we put them in the freezer to use when I felt crappy.

One was a chicken and dressing variety, another was a taco chicken dish, and the last was a chicken pot pie offering.

We thawed and baked the chicken and dressing one and felt as though we'd eaten library paste and chicken. Not good, but Harley and Sparky (dogs) sure had a feast.

Next, last night, we cooked the chicken enchilada casserole. Barely edible. The two canines feasted again.

Not even interested in the chicken pot pie. Thawed it out and, after scraping "goo" that was supposed to be pie crust, Harley and Sparky, had another fabulous treat.

After checking the ingredients out, the $15+ price was more than exorbitant.

Not only that, both of us had indigestion after two of the meals.

Oh my, Katie, I hope you feel better soon. Nothing like a little home cooking to kick the memory of those dishes out out of your system.

Sounds a lot like Amish foods - gluten, gluten, and more gluten. We have stopped at Amish restaurants when we are back home in OH, but mostly for the pie. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom