Well it's Tuesday, Fat Tuesday! What's cooking for Mardi Gras? 2-17-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Laissez les bons temps rouler!:LOL: We are having chicken schnitzel with onion gravy, cauliflower/potato mash, beets and beet greens.:yum:

I really did mean to make pancakes for pancake day but I needed to clean the stove before I could cook anything so no pancakes as no time. I've got to bake tomorrow if I do nothing else so while I'm waiting for things to cook in the oven I might make some pancakes. I'm planning on making Staffordshire oat cakes as well . A Staffordshire oat cake is soft and a bit like a pancake rather than crisp like the Scottish ones. Delicious fried in bacon fat with bacon, sausage and egg for breakfast.

We're having an easy dinner tonight. Zatarain's Dirty Rice and a veggie for dinner tonight.

My kitchen is all packed up in boxes for the next three days so it's refrigerated leftovers tonight. The workers will be here in the morning to start on our new cabinets.

Pan Seared Duck Breast and Roasted Cauliflower :yum:

img_1410291_0_3b329ffcc04cc3b884157591116e3901.jpg

Steve that looks really great...yummy! :yum:

I used up some of my cooked guinea fowl by having it chopped up into a sauce (sun blush tomatoes, sauteed onion and garlic, broccoli, cauliflower florets in chicken stock) with penne pasta.

Roasted new potatoes and leftover pot roast with carrots here.

Lovely pics, Steve and S&P.

Steve and Joey....beautiful pics, your dishes look so good. Everyone's sounds good as usual. :yum: MadCook, I could go for some of your pancakes fried in bacon....

Chicken here this afternoon, too. :LOL: I didn't get around to frying up the chicken drums yesterday like I had planned to :ermm: so had them today instead. Chilled marinated crisp/tender asparagus and toasted onion bread on the side. Several drums leftover for tomorrow. :yum:

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 209
Sounds like a lot of us are being chicken tonight. ;) I'm trying a Williams-Sonoma recipe for Pan Roasted Chicken with Herbes de Provence. Hope W-S isn't upset that I'm using Penzeys herbs. Brown Basmati rice with some lemon zest and parsley on the side, plus Brussels sprouts for Himself and asparagus for me. Now if he would finally get the snow blowing done...

Oh that sounds good!! :yum: Stick with your loyalty to Penzey's without reservation. LOL

Last edited:
I really did mean to make pancakes for pancake day but I needed to clean the stove before I could cook anything so no pancakes as no time. I've got to bake tomorrow if I do nothing else so while I'm waiting for things to cook in the oven I might make some pancakes. I'm planning on making Staffordshire oat cakes as well . A Staffordshire oat cake is soft and a bit like a pancake rather than crisp like the Scottish ones. Delicious fried in bacon fat with bacon, sausage and egg for breakfast.

MC, you have a lot of everyday foods that we don't have. Did it ever occur to you to post the recipes for some of them? Like Staffordshire oat cakes. They sound delicious. It sounds a lot healthier than fried potatoes. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom