Well Since.....Dinner Nov. 13, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagut

Head Chef
Since no one else is eating today I'll say that I'm having lasagna.

3 cheeses, meat and spinach.

I cheated on the sauce and used bottled since it was getting old.

No boil noodles and am planning on 375f for about 45 min's covered and 15 min's uncovered.

Wish me well as I wish well for all of you. :chef:

I'm making up a pizza. Lazy night, I work tomorrow, Tuesday I'm cooking some duck so I have duck fat for Thanksgiving Operations

Thanks for the edit to the powers that be. ;)

Duck fat is all well and good. :yum:

But please expound on "Thanksgiving Operations ". :huh:

Sounds like it could come from a horror movie. :rolleyes:

And a few of my cooking experiments could have come from them as well. :LOL:

Thanks, Zagut! I was just about to start one myself.

I made Stovetop Stuffing with extra celery and onion. That was not enough, so I'm sending DH into this dark night to pick up egg rolls and chicken chop suey. Because I can. And why not. Plus I'll have rice to make fried rice. Win-win for all involved.

I'm sending DH into this dark night to pick up egg rolls and chicken chop suey. Because I can. And why not.

Because you can is all the reason needed. :LOL:

And the dark of night is what this time of year involves.

Be sure to check out the "Super Moon" tonight. ;)

Lasagna has 30.26 mins left until uncovered.

Wish me luck. :chef:

But please expound on "Thanksgiving Operations "

Operational Order Project codenamed TURKEY DAY
I Situation:

Operations will commence in our home ground. We anticipate limited opposition. Comfortable and familiar with the terrain.

II Mission:

Mission is to deliver a three course Thanksgiving Dinner consisting but not limited to salad, turkey, stuffing, sides, and desert. This will be performed by TBS, officer in charge, RRS, as executive officer, and such as they appoint or so direct. Mission will commence no later than 0800 EST Tuesday, and will be concluded on Thursday at all participants satiation. Anticipated close of operation will be Thursday evening.

Mission is a full thanksgiving dinner which will be executed within this time frame.

III Execution.

On or around Monday foodstuffs will be secured in quantities to support main objective. Beginning Tuesday at 0800, bread baking will begin. At noon if bread baking goes well, beets for salad will be smoked. Ideal outcome for Tuesday is beet salad ingredients and stuffing ingredients will be secured. Turkey will be secured from the Farm. Turkey to be placed in brine no later than 2400 Tuesday.

If on profile Wednesday operational staff will rest, and retrieve Person of Interest 01, code name Father in Law from train station. Apple crisp will be prepped at this time and staged in dutch oven.

Thursday 0700 Assemble Beet Salad, confirm Person of Interest 02, code name, Mother, is en route and has yams and creamed onions (note if Yams and creamed onions are not confirmed move to plan Mashed Potatoes)

Turkey will be in oven no later than 0900 hours Thursday, and will be monitored by TBS officer in charge closely.

At this time wine assets will be utilized and the panasonic television will be employed to monitor local sporting events of interest.

0200 hours EST table will be set by executive officer

0400 hours dinner will commence

Cleanup will be done by acclimation

S1 personnel

TBS in command
RRS executive officer
Person of interest 01 Father in Law
Person of interest 02 Mother

S2 intel

Mother has had a really tough month, deploy extra wine in this direction

S3 ops

See above operational authority to TBS and RRS

S4 Supply

Less beets and turkey, secured and in storage at this time.

Please note, this is a live document, this operational order is subject to change, as work schedules might just mess it all up.

Do not go gentle into that good night.

The egg rolls were decent. The chicken chop suey, not so much. I was expecting bean sprouts. None to be found.

Operational Order Project codenamed TURKEY DAY
I Situation:

Operations will commence in our home ground. We anticipate limited opposition. Comfortable and familiar with the terrain.

II Mission:

Mission is to deliver a three course Thanksgiving Dinner consisting but not limited to salad, turkey, stuffing, sides, and desert. This will be performed by TBS, officer in charge, RRS, as executive officer, and such as they appoint or so direct. Mission will commence no later than 0800 EST Tuesday, and will be concluded on Thursday at all participants satiation. Anticipated close of operation will be Thursday evening.

Mission is a full thanksgiving dinner which will be executed within this time frame.

III Execution.

On or around Monday foodstuffs will be secured in quantities to support main objective. Beginning Tuesday at 0800, bread baking will begin. At noon if bread baking goes well, beets for salad will be smoked. Ideal outcome for Tuesday is beet salad ingredients and stuffing ingredients will be secured. Turkey will be secured from the Farm. Turkey to be placed in brine no later than 2400 Tuesday.

If on profile Wednesday operational staff will rest, and retrieve Person of Interest 01, code name Father in Law from train station. Apple crisp will be prepped at this time and staged in dutch oven.

Thursday 0700 Assemble Beet Salad, confirm Person of Interest 02, code name, Mother, is en route and has yams and creamed onions (note if Yams and creamed onions are not confirmed move to plan Mashed Potatoes)

Turkey will be in oven no later than 0900 hours Thursday, and will be monitored by TBS officer in charge closely.

At this time wine assets will be utilized and the panasonic television will be employed to monitor local sporting events of interest.

0200 hours EST table will be set by executive officer

0400 hours dinner will commence

Cleanup will be done by acclimation

S1 personnel

TBS in command
RRS executive officer
Person of interest 01 Father in Law
Person of interest 02 Mother

S2 intel

Mother has had a really tough month, deploy extra wine in this direction

S3 ops

See above operational authority to TBS and RRS

S4 Supply

Less beets and turkey, secured and in storage at this time.

Please note, this is a live document, this operational order is subject to change, as work schedules might just mess it all up.

Geepers. I was just wondering how Duck fat fit in. :LOL:

Do not go gentle into that good night.

The egg rolls were decent. The chicken chop suey, not so much. I was expecting bean sprouts. None to be found.

But don't forget the Super Moon. ;)

Pan roasted chicken thighs, toasted buttered egg noodles and a tossed salad.

Sounds tasty.

A layer of roasted zucchini in 1 inch slices, a layer of previously fried up eggplant.
Some leftover pizza sauce.
Some leftover spaghetti meat sauce.
6 marinated olives, halved.
Sliced mushrooms.
Parmesan cheese grated.
6 small pieces leftover brats.
Mozzarella Cheese on top.
Bake. MMMMMMMM it was good.

No super moon here. Just super clouds and super rain. We had the super wind yesterday.

Supper was hoisin chicken and homemade pork fried rice.

I spent all day on a bathroom renovation, so dinner was about as simple as it gets: a cheese omelet with a couple of breakfast sausage patties. I didn't have time for breakfast this morning, so I figured I'd have breakfast for dinner.

img_1487417_0_bca6d3f5a63c3198acb04a6ed8d2d8aa.jpg

Zagut, your lasagna sounds delicious, and I'm sure it was! Would be nice to hear a report so I can live vicariously through your dinner. I haven't had lasagna in waaaay too long. :yum:

That super moon is magnificently BRIGHT! It's casting shadows across my backyard. I may walk around the corner in a bit so I don't have to look through the trees to see it.

Dawg, I can't imagine no bean sprouts in chicken chop suey. :(

LOL, Fox....entertaining reading there. :LOL:

Delicious looking omelet, Steve!

Everyone's dinners sound tasty. I had a BLT. :D

Last edited:
I went to a Master Food Volunteer meeting this afternoon and the extension agent served "light" refreshments - white chicken chili, Italian white bean soup, raw veggies and hummus and mini cupcakes ;)

Needless to say, I was not hungry when I got home, but DH had already made the wine-butt chicken we had talked about earlier. So I sort of snacked on that while I cut it up and made a salad for him. Also warmed up some leftover mashed potatoes.

I wasn't feeling so great. I had a boiled potato with butter. DD wanted Chinese so she got me bean curd and veggie soup.

we had fried cured pork slices with potatoes and a choice of heinz beans or onion gravy and lingon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom