Wendy, Wendy, What's for Wednesday Feb 1 Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
the title is a bit lame, best i could do.

i have carrots and chicken in my mini crockpot with lemon pepper sauce. couple of green veggie sides. that's my dinner. popcorn later. :cool:

I just made a pot of meat sauce and did some spaghetti noodles. I've left these for the family tonight, they'll have to get their own salad and buns.

Dinner at work should be yummy, I think its fried chicken night!

We're eating cheap tonight. White beans over rice. I have navy beans in the crockpot since 8am with a ham bone from the freezer, garlic, onion, and beef stock. Smells good.

I just made a pot of meat sauce and did some spaghetti noodles. I've left these for the family tonight, they'll have to get their own salad and buns.

Dinner at work should be yummy, I think its fried chicken night!

What are "spaghetti noodles"?

I'm going to make a beef meatloaf, but I'm going to add some hot Italian sausage. I don't have any Weetabix, so I will crush some multi-grain breakfast flakes instead. I'll serve it with brown basmati rice and a salad. I'm thinking about some other side. Maybe I'll get some inspiration here.

Last edited:
Our dinner tonight will be arroz con pollo, and a salad.

I just went to throw out the trash and I can't believe how mild it is for the first day of February.

An Ice Cold Beer in a Frosty Mug........
Bobby Q Shicken.........
Tator Salat.......
Grain Bains.......
Pistolette......
Chock Late Ice Cream......

Still feeling a bit yucky, so continuing with the chicken and rice soup with some garlic bread to soak up the broth.

I'm going to make a beef meatloaf, but I'm going to add some hot Italian sausage. I don't have any Weetabix, so I will crush some multi-grain breakfast flakes instead. I'll serve it with brown basmati rice and a salad. I'm thinking about some other side. Maybe I'll get some inspiration here.

Okay, that was, well, different. I won't be putting Italian sausage in a beef meatloaf again. It was okay. But, it was weird. I could taste my regular meatloaf and I could taste Italian sausage.

Made red and white coleslaw to go with above.

Okay, that was, well, different. I won't be putting Italian sausage in a beef meatloaf again. It was okay. But, it was weird. I could taste my regular meatloaf and I could taste Italian sausage.

Made red and white coleslaw to go with above.

I'm surprised it didn't turn out. That sounded really good. Was it maybe too much Italian sausage?

I add 1/3# of cheap "hot" ground sausage for each pound of hamburger in a meatloaf. It's really good, and has more depth of flavor than just plain hamburger.

I'm surprised it didn't turn out. That sounded really good. Was it maybe too much Italian sausage?

I add 1/3# of cheap "hot" ground sausage for each pound of hamburger in a meatloaf. It's really good, and has more depth of flavor than just plain hamburger.

It was ~1/3 of a pound Italian sausage and 2/3 of a pound ground beef. Yeah, it did sound good. :LOL:

We had an all-afternoon pot luck at work to go along with the all-day meetings so I was stuffed by the time I left at 4:00. So....Dinner for me was a small turkey sandwich about 10 minutes ago.

Grilled pork chop and dry fried eggplant. This was my first time trying this technique. It does not look pretty but did taste good.

img_1102892_0_a5090515944316ab718c6b263bfde563.jpg

I made smoked sausage with sliced potato (cooked in butter/olive oil with garlic, salt-n-pepper and basil) and assorted veggies.

img_1103009_0_871b2eb4de845ca4968f7a0bbcf383b1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom