What are some foods you loved that they don't make anymore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey that green ketchup was good. looked gross but tasted like regular red ketchup

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, well, crewsk.
alix, some people DO have major control over thier kids. one family i know has 4 kids, one of whom is now in college, who have been completely vegan since they were born.
and my good friend has a kiddo who has yet to have tasted non-vegetarian food.
i know that when i was growing up, my parents set rules, and i followed them, and that was just the way it was. my parents controlled me, i didn't control them. not after i turned 3, anyhow.

luvs, I caught the reference the second time thanks though. Also, allowing your kids to make their own decisions about food does not imply they are out of control. Parenting is a very touchy area for folks and we all have different ideas of what is right. I think whatever works for you and your kids is great. I am not trying to tell you I am right, just trying for a little humour here...sorry if that didn't translate :oops:

parents do all have different ways of doing things, huh? oops! to each, his own. :eek:
yeah, my parents were strict in some aspects, but if i wanted to try something gross food-wise they let me. i still had to eat my dinner, though.

Audeo said:
I remember...

Candy Cigarettes

Bits O'Honey

Pop Rocks (candy that fizzed and popped in your mouth)

Fresca and Tab and Fanta
they still make all of these, at least where i live.

crewsk said:
What about Jolt Cola?

I do not like to appear stupid, but what is Jolt Cola? Never heard of it.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS = SMASH IDAHO SATURDAY

Alix said:
Jolt Cola, "All the sugar and twice the caffiene of regular colas!!"
My dad tried a Jolt Cola when they first came out. He thought he was going to have a heart attack!

:) Barbara

Alix said:
Jolt Cola, "All the sugar and twice the caffiene of regular colas!!"

Thanks Alix. I am getting so enlightened here today. And they say you cannot teach old horses new tricks. OH again I feel stupid, is Jolt currently on the market? I guess because I do not usually drink carbonated beverages I am out of the loop. If I do, it is always
Coke. I guess it is similar to a double espresso without the sugar??

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS = SMASH IDAHO

I do still see Jolt every once in a while. I am pretty sure that Mountain Dew actually has more sugar than Jolt.

Back
Top Bottom