"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-22-2004, 10:58 AM   #51
Master Chef

i 'member that bread, GB. it was good! delictably crunchy on the outside. maybe they still make it; i'm gonna have to look next time i go shopping...

Old 09-22-2004, 11:10 AM   #52
Chief Eating Officer

I only saw it in the stores for a very short time. If you find it Luvs, let me know :)

Old 09-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #53
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
about this purple ketchup thing that was the topic of discussion earlier on...
uck!
IF i had children, i would not have given into any amount of whining or pouting, they would NOT have been allowed to have that garbage. and the neon pink margarine and the neon blue...
uh-uh. just a big 'ol 'nope'. margarine is horrible for you as it is without all those food dyes.
give me my yellow, tasty butter over that disgusting stuff!!! uck!
Heeheeheehee! I guess I am a horrible parent, because I let my kids eat whatever the he-- they want! In my defense, they are both extremely fit kids (and for those who think it is important...skinny little boogers) who choose good things. I think it is important to let kids make their own decisions about nearly everything. Food is not something to fight over...that way lies DANGER!

No offence luvs, but I always get a giggle when someone who doesn't have kids says what they will do when they do. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't do exactly what they said they wouldn't. Hope you can be the exception that proves the rule.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:43 AM   #54
Master Chef

all right, GB. :D
Old 09-22-2004, 11:51 AM   #55
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
about this purple ketchup thing that was the topic of discussion earlier on...
uck!
IF i had children, i would not have given into any amount of whining or pouting, they would NOT have been allowed to have that garbage. and the neon pink margarine and the neon blue...
uh-uh. just a big 'ol 'nope'. margarine is horrible for you as it is without all those food dyes.
give me my yellow, tasty butter over that disgusting stuff!!! uck!
Heeheeheehee! I guess I am a horrible parent, because I let my kids eat whatever the he-- they want! In my defense, they are both extremely fit kids (and for those who think it is important...skinny little boogers) who choose good things. I think it is important to let kids make their own decisions about nearly everything. Food is not something to fight over...that way lies DANGER!

No offence luvs, but I always get a giggle when someone who doesn't have kids says what they will do when they do. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't do exactly what they said they wouldn't. Hope you can be the exception that proves the rule.
aww, my Mom and Dad let me eat PRETTY much anything when i was little and i'm, as you put it, 'a skinny little booger,' lol. but neon margarine is just over the top. margarine won't be in my home regardless, let alone neon margarine.
i spent most of my teen years taking care of kids, so i know how they are! but you just gotta say 'uh-uh' sometimes, i learned, even if it means pouting and whining and tantrums. and that's one of those ones i'd just have to say, 'uh-uh' to.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:53 AM   #56
Everymom

OK...I missed the reference to neon margarine before (must have been giggling...) what the heck is that? Must not have made it to Canada yet. LOL
Old 09-22-2004, 11:57 AM   #57
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Have ya'll seen the chocolate flavored frenchfries? Thay also make blue ones!!! I don't know if either are still avaliable, but just the thought of it is nasty! I did buy my kids green ketchup once & they wouldn't eat it!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #58
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
OK...I missed the reference to neon margarine before (must have been giggling...) what the heck is that? Must not have made it to Canada yet. LOL
OOPS! just look at your above post, i wrote about it in there. parkay made it, i think...
it was literally NEON margarine in a squeeze bottle.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:06 PM   #59
Master Chef

and chocolate fries, crewsk, oh, my. uck! now THOSE i would let my kids have, but they sound gross nonetheless.
i think i did see blue fries, maybe. ore-ida?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:08 PM   #60
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Yep that's it luvs, they made the chocolate ones too. I was just too afraid to ever buy them & I didn't want to chance wasting the $ on something my kids wouldn't eat.