What are some foods you loved that they don't make anymore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
sizzlean 'bacon'. i used to love that stuff.
those microwavable cookies, think they were called s'mores, that pufffed up and got all melty and gooey
the smiley-faced cookies that were chocolate on one side and vanilla on the other with a cream-filled center
that microwave oatmeal that came with a packet of fruit-flavored gel so you could write on it
the other oatmeal that when you stirred it up, little something-or-anothers emerged. some kind of gummy candy, maybe?
those ore-ida fries that you could microwave that came in a take-out sort of container... at least, i don't THINK they make those anymore...?
light 'n lively yogurt

any others you guys can think of?

They don't make Bird's Eye Creamed Peas anymore - it was in a cream sauce with little chunks of potatoes - I LOVED those when I was little; they were shear ultimate comfort food!!!!!

And homemade ones just aren't the same - I've never been able to get the exact portion of "preservatives" right :P

Your microwave french fries reminded me of the short-lived microwave milk shakes. There was a fine line of how long to heat them so that they weren't still frozen solid but not a warm puddle. They'd be my treat as a kid after I had my braces tightened.

Also, I think you can still find Qwisp cereal some places but not by me. Was always a favorite when we'd go visit my granparents in MI.

fast-food-wise, there were 'chicken littles'. you know, those mini chicken patty sandwiches. we have an on-going debate about which restaurant sold them. was it BK or was it KFC?

I remember...

Candy Cigarettes

Bits O'Honey

Pop Rocks (candy that fizzed and popped in your mouth)

Fresca and Tab and Fanta

Go Ahead Candy Bars.....in High School we had an open campus and go leave school for lunch. A bunch of us would head over to the IGA and my lunch would consist of a pop and one of these.....I absolutely loved them.

Campbell's Italian Tomato Soup........I used to make an awesome pork chop dish using this but now I can't since they don't make this anymore..... :cry:

SizzlininIN

Audeo, unfortunately Tab is still around, in limited quantities. It's the only stuff my husband drinks besides coffee and occasionally now that I'm beeching at him, water. Every weekend we have to hit several stores to buy the one or two sixpacks of this gunk.

Hubby's sister brings 4 or 5 cases with her at Christmas from TN.

Audeo said:
I remember...

Candy Cigarettes

Bits O'Honey

Fresca and Tab and Fanta

they still make fresca, the grapefruit soda. we have them at work in the vending machines. haven't seen it in a supermarket tho.

Get outta here! Really? Pop Rocks and Tab still exist?

(I need to explore the candy store soon!)

Okay...okay...how about Falstaff and Pabst?

Pabst is still around, but not for $4 a case like it used to be. I suspect Falstaff is still available, especially in the Midwest.

How about Blatz?

i had blatz beer 2 years ago skiing in vermont. i think they got the name from the sounds that your body makes the next morning after drinking such cheap beer.

what about schaeffer beer (the beer to have when you're having more than 12), and old style beer?

Audeo said:
I remember...

Candy Cigarettes

Bits O'Honey

Fresca and Tab and Fanta

I can still find all of these except Tab. Candy Cigarettes are now called Candy Sticks & they are not as long as they used to be.

Buckytom, Blatz is what my parents used to drink when they were young and poor and everyone else was too. Love your description.

I believe Old Style was the next "step up". Still around.

Oh mudbug - wasn't purple ketchup heinous!!!!!! BUT, if you closed your eyes you couldn't tell the difference in a blind taste test - and the green was just as heinous!!!!

Audeo - I can still find everything you mentioned! LOL

Fresco - I thought that was like a Sprite - I remember Wink, which they still make, being a grapefuit-like soda. If you mix some Wink with Rum it tastes like a pina colada.

OK, my kids are seriously ticked that there is no more purple or green ketchup. All I have to say is WHEW!

I can't find that Velveeta mac and cheese thing they used to make. That used to be my guilty pleasure food.

Back
Top Bottom