What are some of your favorite aromas/smells?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffee. might not drink the stuff anymore, but that is such a great smell.
and sage. but let's not get me started on the sage.

funny, i don't really like sage to eat that much, but i love it burned as an incense, along with sweetgrass (good for your karma). lol, don't let your karma run over your dogma....

oh, i normally don't like smelly candles, but dw got one from a winery upstate that's really good. it's raspberry/merlot smelling. sooo good.

i like vanilla scented candles too, and pear as well.

hey, buckytom, they burn sage at phish shows. man, that heady aroma could make me just sigh with happiness...

homemade bread baking
apple pie fresh from the oven
plumerias
horse barns
Carnegie Deli (Manhattan)
Wood smoke from maple syrup fires
evergreen air in the puget sounds
pine-sol
burberry
Belinda's Dream roses
fresh uni!

oh, audeo, you just reminded me of hiking through a balsam fir forest.

btw, don't ever buy pine tree incense. it smells like christmas trees on fire, like a really bad christmas.

lol.. Christmas could never be bad!

I also love the smell of fresh leaf basil!

luvs_food said:
hey, buckytom, they burn sage at phish shows. man, that heady aroma could make me just sigh with happiness...

ehem, yes, right, it's the sage burning that makes you sigh with happiness. and crave pizza and fudge. me too !!!! 8)

Otter said:
Bridget, when she comes back from the groomer - she smells like an angel.

lol otter. we have a maine coon cat that gets groomed at a dog's groomer every few months, and he comes home smelling great (i feel like a drug addict walking around sniffing him all day). the funny part is this really hot granola head chick at work wears perfumes that she makes herself that smells just like the groomers shampoo. i can't help but smile every time i see/smell her. i think she thinks i'm flirting....

Hey buckytom, we have a Maine Coon too. If I can figure out how...I will post her picture.

And thanks mudbug, I missed y'all when I was working the last couple of days. I darn near went into withdrawal.

232.jpg

This is Toonces...crushing a Christmas gift. She is a tiny 19lbs of love.

neat cat. my most recent cat (an ex-cat now, hated children) weighed about that but was not a coon. we called him the pillow with a tail.

LOL! That is so cute. Toonces is about 12 now, and still kinda crabby, but as long as you know what bugs her you are cool. We also have an assortment of other pets, but I won't bore you with their descriptions etc. I think I posted on the pet site some time ago about them. Thanks for the cute cat comment.

here's my maine coon, hercules. i love this picture, use it as the background for my desktop.

PA070028-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom