What are we eating 10/4/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anaheims are chili peppers.

Chili is the same a chili con carne. This translates to peppers with meat. Chili is just a shorter version of the name.

Capsaicin in the pepper is what makes it hot. Most of the heat is in the seeds and the whitish ribs on the inside of the pepper.

You can use any different combination of peppers to get the flavor and heat you want.

Thanks.

I put 1 whole dry anaheim pepper, Franks hot sauce, hot pepper paste and chili powder in my chili. I forgot to add the habanero pepper to the pot :(.

Pasta Salad – Marinated B/S chicken breast, broccoli, mushroom caps, green onions, black olives, stuffed green olives and small pasta shells; dressed with EVOO, flaxseed oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt, ground black pepper, ground red pepper flakes, garlic & onion powders, thyme & rosemary.

I like to make this the night before so it has time to chill well and the flavors can meld.

img_924715_0_8712c677e661d9093096ce2c1efa1ccf.jpg

It finally turned a bit chilly here, so I cooked a chicken soup to warm things up and perfume the air, then while the chicken legs were cooling, I decided to keep it cooking by adding Pinto beans then adding some leftover pork plus the deboned chicken after the beans were done. It came out really good. I kept out a serving for tomorrow and froze the rest for when my back hurts and I don't feel like cooking.

Back
Top Bottom