What are we eating 10/4/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have several things to choose from PLUS I was planning to go to the farm so there may be more additions. That is IF I can get some sleep!!

What are you planning and make enough for 1 more because you may be 1 of my choices!! LOL

DH is teaching tonight so I'm on my own. Will probably just warm up some of the left over chili. He can grab a bowl then when he gets home.

Well, first I am going to eat at Andy M's. :rolleyes: Then, since I will build up an appetite walking around a thousand miles home, I will have arroz con pollo (chicken and rice) and corn.

:)Barbara
P.S. On my walk home, I will have to stop for some of that leftover chili too!

Last edited:
!

Hello everyone,

Cold, dreary and raining right now ... yuck! Wasn't it just last week I had the A/C on:ermm:

Barbara - that chicken and rice sounds wonderful.

At our house, dinner will be chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

HAGD:chef:

I need to figure out what to do with some halibut. And we have a slew of veggies I need to cook before we take off!

I have my choice of whatever I want for dinner tonight....and not cook it!

Since we went out for dinner Saturday, my choice is take-out Chinese here at home with DH and Dad!

Planning on making fresh marinara and whole wheat ravioli. Any suggestions on a protein to eat with these 2 in order to balance out the meal?

I'll be roasting some chicken thighs on top of carrots and celery, baked sweet potatoes, and sauted zuchini with yellow tomatoes and black olives. Dessert will be either vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt with cinnamon-ginger pear sauce on top.

I have my choice of whatever I want for dinner tonight....and not cook it!

Since we went out for dinner Saturday, my choice is take-out Chinese here at home with DH and Dad!
Have fun! And give my boyfriend a hug for me! ;)

:)Barbara

Chili over brown rice topped with shredded cheddar, sour cream and green onions.

img_924661_0_8a644b972ca4cdf289473897ea603660.jpg

Chili con carne over rice and topped with sour cream. Except kidney beans are replaced with garbonzo beans and the peppers I used were not chili peppers. They were anaheim I believe.

Two thoughts come to mind today while making this.

1. what is the difference between Chili Con Carne and Chili? Is it the same?

2. What exactly makes a chili hot? I like hot stuff but not totally burn your mouth oh my god hot. I used one pepper and two Chipotles adobo sauce. Still not hot enough for me.

Dinner was excellent

I'm also slowly making some broth. Been cooking all day. I like to spend a whole day making the broth and than put some in the freezor and use some for chix noodle soup the next day. Using carcass and some chicken legs from the chicken I roasted yeserday for the broth.

Chili con carne over rice and topped with sour cream. Except kidney beans are replaced with garbonzo beans and the peppers I used were not chili peppers. They were anaheim I believe.

Two thoughts come to mind today while making this.

1. what is the difference between Chili Con Carne and Chili? Is it the same?

2. What exactly makes a chili hot? I like hot stuff but not totally burn your mouth oh my god hot. I used one pepper and two Chipotles adobo sauce. Still not hot enough for me.

Dinner was excellent

Anaheims are chili peppers.

Chili is the same a chili con carne. This translates to peppers with meat. Chili is just a shorter version of the name.

Capsaicin in the pepper is what makes it hot. Most of the heat is in the seeds and the whitish ribs on the inside of the pepper.

You can use any different combination of peppers to get the flavor and heat you want.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom