What are we Feasting on this Friday? 01/24/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The kitchen is closed until after vacation.

Tonight's dinner will be from PopeYes chicken. A three piece meal with red beans and rice for me and a chicken tender sandwich for SO.

If things go as planned, we'll be noshing on Irish potato pizza and washing it down with a brew or two at our favorite cozy Irish Pub. Maybe we'll have a little something else, maybe we'll come home and nibble. But the potato pizza is a must!

The bigos that I didn't make last night (I had mac and cheese last night instead).

We'll have a pizza delivered. I'm feeling too lazy to even go out and get it.

I have a fairly large whole rainbow trout which I will grill and serve very simply with a splash of lemon. Sides will likely include roasted potato wedges, steamed spinach and perhaps some peas.

Friends took me out for lunch, so we have half a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings, as well as some leftover pot roast and salad.

The last of the butternut squash soup for me and either a steak or pork chops for TB, whatever he picks up.

Glenn's still not feeling up to par, so much so that I took him to the doctor today. Miserable cold/upper respiratory junk. No flu. He has a sore throat.

In view of my sweetheart's puny condition, I made a big bunch of chicken chop suey over rice. Everything was soft and tender and easy on his throat. He had hot tea. I had iced tea. Earlier this afternoon I made quite a lot of butterscotch/white chocolate chip cookies, which was dessert.

I have a fairly large whole rainbow trout which I will grill and serve very simply with a splash of lemon. Sides will likely include roasted potato wedges, steamed spinach and perhaps some peas.

How I'd love a fresh trout dinner again. It sounds delicious Jing and brings back some almost forgotten sweet memories. Rainbow trout is my favorite fish, hands down.

Tonight I got out a frozen casserole of "Chicken Asparagus Ole' " It's nights like these that I'm glad I always freeze half a casserole. Long after the kids are on their own I still love a casserole for two, with a salad. :yum:

I made it exactly as the video described, even replacing the water called for in the original recipe with chicken stock. We also served it over rice.

I have to say it was absolutely delicious.

Thanks, Steve.

I have a recipe I make for chili verde that's very similar. I may give this a try as an alternative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom