What are you baking today? | 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In anticipation of going to Glenn's daughter's house for supper tonight I made 2 dozen cupcakes. I put them in Valentine papers and topped them with a little heart-shaped flag.

I wanted to do something festive for the frosting so I got the wild idea that I could add a package of unsweetened Kool-Aid to the white icing to flavor and color it.

All I had was black cherry flavor, but what the heck. Wow! Turned out the most Valentiney shade of rich pink and tasted super. I'm sure the little girls will love them.

i made a batch of sugar cookies for my great grand babies to frost and sprinkle. these are my valentines for them. they love to frost, have strawberry frosting and assorted sprinkles. can't wait!!!

:ermm:
aren't they fun. going to use recipe to bake cake balls for great granddaughters. using white cake and strawberry frosting. may add coloring to cake as they are for valentines day. :chef:

I made red velvet cake mixed with a white frosting, I dipped them in milk chocolate and added red sprinkles. He likes them so much I have to send a batch of them to school tomorrow for his Valentines Day party. :yum:

I really just made these to see if I could do it, and now that I know I can I will get more creative with them. :chef: You definitely do not need the whole cake pop kit they sell on tv!

making a cake for my granddaughter's bday dinner on sun. german choco. cake with vanilla butter cream frosting. hershey kisses around the edge with sprinkles in the center. she is turning 20 . hardly seems possible.

Today I am making a beautiful 14" dark chocolate cake consisting of 2 layers - each layer being 2 completely different cake recipes. One layer is a Chocolate Mousse cake, the other is the Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate cake. The crumb coating is hubby's favorite (that i make) chocolate buttercream frosting. The topping will be added tomorrow - chocolate ganache. Kind of a Frankenstein cake if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom