What are you baking today? | 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Late last night/early morning.

Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie is perfectly sweet and tangy balanced.

img_1091595_0_bee08759da563062b036832c7fc325bb.jpg

img_1091595_1_b650e7e4fc30d4987266124af36fb209.jpg

just popped double batch of fudge brownies in the oven... :)

Hey msmofet, how did you get the filling so yellow? No matter how I try, my filling is always very light colored. Did you add lots of zest or food coloring?

Hey msmofet, how did you get the filling so yellow? No matter how I try, my filling is always very light colored. Did you add lots of zest or food coloring?
Yes I used zest and coloring. I didn't really measure the zest but maybe 2 tsp and 1 drop yellow food coloring. (Not to much)

That's likely what I need to do. I use a ton of zest, but never food coloring. I'll put that on my list. TX!

That's likely what I need to do. I use a ton of zest, but never food coloring. I'll put that on my list. TX!
You're welcome. I am tempted to make the filling green or blue or orange just to freak the family out. LOL

I have been wanting to try making a lime meringue pie or lemon lime meringue but never have gotten to it.

You're welcome. I am tempted to make the filling green or blue or orange just to freak the family out. LOL

I have been wanting to try making a lime meringue pie or lemon lime meringue but never have gotten to it.

That sounds good!!
I just took a Apple Cake out of the oven.View attachment 12756

Last edited:

Shrek made an Orange Meringue Pie once and named it, "The Miami Slice." It went out the door of the shop like gangbusters!

Shrek made an Orange Meringue Pie once and named it, "The Miami Slice." It went out the door of the shop like gangbusters!

Does Shrek know how to make Italian wedding type cookies? If so could he give me some pointers on a good butter cookie recipe that I can pipe using a pastry bag?

Does Shrek know how to make Italian wedding type cookies? If so could he give me some pointers on a good butter cookie recipe that I can pipe using a pastry bag?

Let me check his cookbook. How many dozens are you wanting, he baked for a large in store scratch bakery...:LOL:

Let me check his cookbook. How many dozens are you wanting, he baked for a large in store scratch bakery...:LOL:

Does not matter, what else is in that book? :ermm:

Tractor tires or French crullers, any kind of donuts! Radio bars, maple bars, cream horns, Spanish bar cake!

We may need to bring him out of retirement kicking and screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

PF this is fantastic!

One stupid question, can I leave out the almond paste and almonds so that I will have a true butter cookie or do you think it will change the structure. I am thinking it should be ok but need a second opinion.

Thanks again!

Does not matter, what else is in that book? :ermm:

Tractor tires or French crullers, any kind of donuts! Radio bars, maple bars, cream horns, Spanish bar cake!

We may need to bring him out of retirement kicking and screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Everything is in the book. The copyright is from 1985, this is a beat up, written in book. And it smells like a bakery. I couldn't find many specific things like you names, things are listed as Cake doughnuts, raised doughnuts, cookies (no division such as bar cookies). Some of the recipes (formulas) are impossible as you would not be able to get some of the ingredients unless you buy from a wholesaler.

PF this is fantastic!

One stupid question, can I leave out the almond paste and almonds so that I will have a true butter cookie or do you think it will change the structure. I am thinking it should be ok but need a second opinion.

Thanks again!

Leave it out, the original recipe has neither of those, they were written in by Shrek from an idea he had.

I have a Danish recipe for pear tart. I made it, but used apples instead. I make it with soft, whole grain, wheat flour. It came out just as good as with the pears. All the sugar is in the crust and the only shortening is butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom