What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going to some friends' house for dinner tonight and I made a lemon cheesecake to take along. It's a bit overbaked but I think it will still taste good. I forgot to buy a crust for it, but luckily, I had a box of Girl Scout Trefoils (shortbread cookies) so I used some of those for the crust.

It still sounds lovely and the cookies for the base sound nice, have a great night GG :)

Cinnamon, raisin and pecan roll for hubs bday (they look the same from the outside)

img_1246691_0_315e53e4de5a5728e341e4e4b36bad86.jpg

I made low carb brownies today. I hope they taste good. :wub: I just love chocolate. 8 grams of carbs per brownie. I'm going to have one! :wub:

Oh my gosh, that picture of the birthday cinnamon roll look wonderful! :chef:

Speaking of what am I baking today, someone at work gave me an 85 year old sourdough starter that originated in a mining camp in Montana. I fed it and proofed it, reserving one cup and putting it back in the refrigerator of course, and today I am using it to make sourdough pancakes, sourdough breakfast biscuits, and two loaves of sourdough Italian bread.

It's getting late, so I better get started!

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of what am I baking today, someone at work gave me an 85 year old sourdough starter that originated in a mining camp in Montana. I fed it and proofed it, reserving one cup and putting it back in the refrigerator of course, and today I am using it to make sourdough pancakes, sourdough breakfast biscuits, and two loaves of sourdough Italian bread.

It's getting late, so I better get started!

Sounds pretty good to me :yum:

I plan to bake some choc chip drop cookies & make my 1st attempt at butter caramels. As I want to make a desert pudding cake with it. So when baked you'll get some lovely & warm caramel oozing out. However I need to try caramels as I've never done them before.

My first foray into "regular" baking since the start of my allergy diet. I have done some sugar/gluten/dairy/egg free stuff!

I am making several trays of my triple chocolate ganache brownies. Some will be cut in small circles before being coated with the ganache and decorated with green fondant shamrocks to take to church on Sunday. The rest will be cut into two inch cubes to be included in "Minecraft" cake for my BIL and nephew who love playing the computer game. Some will be coated with regular ganache and others in white chocolate ganache tinted green for "grass". They will be stacked to represent a scene from their Minecraft world.

:)

Getting ready to make a batch of kaiser rolls. We bought a 7-pound barbecued pork butt from Glenn's daughter Thursday as part of a fundraiser for her daughter's soccer team.

There's nothing yummier than a huge kaiser roll piled with smoky barbecue and lots of good sauce. We're gonna have a great dinner tonight.

Getting ready to make a batch of kaiser rolls. We bought a 7-pound barbecued pork butt from Glenn's daughter Thursday as part of a fundraiser for her daughter's soccer team.

There's nothing yummier than a huge kaiser roll piled with smoky barbecue and lots of good sauce. We're gonna have a great dinner tonight.

Save me a seat right next to the BBQ grill. If you drop a pound or two of meat on my plate, I won't complain. I will be too busy cleaning my plate. :angel:

Can you please post your recipe for Kaiser rolls. I'm not happy with my recipe. Thanx

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom