What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saffron cake cake out really nice. Don't mind the thumb print on the lower left. :wacko:

img_1253632_0_fd099732103e2e7ffd8e0eb0b97251c9.jpg

Yes, apparently dl is for deciliter. Never heard of them before. Thank God for google.

Seven cheeses and seven meats?!!! No wonder it is expensive to make. I am full just looking at various recipes and pictures! (PF, don't look or lick your monitor--you'll gain at least a pound). One recipe I checked out called for 15 eggs (that I could do, the girls would be more than happy to supply the eggs), but SEVEN cheeses and SEVEN meats? And pastry? Wow, sounds extremely filling.

Good thing you warned me...I was just about to lick the monitor. Now this pie sounds like one I could have.:pig:

Good thing you warned me...I was just about to lick the monitor. Now this pie sounds like one I could have.:pig:

There is one more thing I forgot. I doubt it is practiced any more. I remember the priest going house to house to bless the pizzagainas. And he got paid for it. My girlfriend just HAD to be home for this event. He also blessed the family and home. None of my friends were Protestant. I was at my girlfriends house one year when the priest arrived. Her nonna insisted that I get a special blessing because I wasn't Catholic. It seemed like they were always blessing something. The animals, the fleet of fishing boats, etc. Although they still have the blessing of the fleet. In Boston and Gloucester. It is a three day festival. :angel:

That is great Chops, cant wait to see the finished product :)

Tanks. I will try to remember to take a picture when it is finished in the morning. I will be hurrying to get it done to take for brunch at friends house. I will also be making my mini cheddar quiche bites. Sounds like a busy morning, and we need to leave the house at 10:00. :ohmy:

VERY late start. LOL My meat pie is in a smelling wonderful. Then I will make my cheesecake. I am going to be tired tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom