What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would you be able to share the recipe you used for your pumpkin pie? :yum:

I used the recipe on the back of the Libby's can of pumpkin. It has been on the label since 1950.

I just didn't use a crust, sprayed the pie plate with Pam, and used Splenda instead of sugar. Splenda has a little bit of carbs, but not like sugar. I dont know if splenda is very good for me, but at least it isn't sugar. I will let you know how it tastes after I try it out. Here is the recipe before my changes.

LIBBY'S® Famous Pumpkin Pie

I was going to wait to eat the pie, but on a cold day when I am craving carbs, I just had to try it out. The taste and texture are both good. I would recommend it to you.

image-3059431425.jpg

image-3419662643.jpg

I used the recipe on the back of the Libby's can of pumpkin. It has been on the label since 1950.

I just didn't use a crust, sprayed the pie plate with Pam, and used Splenda instead of sugar. Splenda has a little bit of carbs, but not like sugar. I dont know if splenda is very good for me, but at least it isn't sugar. I will let you know how it tastes after I try it out. Here is the recipe before my changes.

LIBBY'S® Famous Pumpkin Pie

Thanks!

I use some artificial sweeteners and I am pretty sure they are not good for me but, neither is being overweight!

I think it was Andy Rooney that said a diet is something unhealthy that people do in order to become healthy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Looks great, how did it taste?

Where did you get that amazing pie plate?

My pie plates only hold four maybe five slices of pie! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It tasted great to me because I have not been eating many sweets lately as you know. Tis cold weather just made me hungry for comfort food, and pumpkin pie is a comfort food for sure. Pumpkin is also really good for me, right?. :rolleyes:

As for the pie plate, I am not sure where I got it. I have two. I have had them for quite a while. It is 9.5 inches (24 cm.). Made by Anchor Hocking in U.S.A.:D

http://www.anchorhocking.com/product_detail.html?catid=20&prodid=4760

Last edited:
I was going to wait to eat the pie, but on a cold day when I am craving carbs, I just had to try it out. The taste and texture are both good. I would recommend it to you.

Looks good, Chopper! I've made it that way too, with the Libby recipe. I call it pumpkin pie guts. Not a real fan of standard pie crust, I usually scrape out and eat the filling and leave the crust.

Yup about time for pumpkin custard...no crust. Pumpkin is a vegetable...so you made a vegetable pie...you did good!

Can't have too much calcium, vitamins and minerals. I'd go with the whipped cream. :angel:

I love whipped cream. Just don't have any whipping cream in the house. I will say that it is still good without it. I know, hard to believe...:rolleyes:

I love whipped cream. Just don't have any whipping cream in the house. I will say that it is still good without it. I know, hard to believe...:rolleyes:

I believe you easily. I love pumpkin pie. It's all about the filling. The crust is just there so they can call it a pie.

When my kids were small every so often I would buy a can of whipped cream. They would squirt it into their mouth. They thought that was a big treat. :angel:

When my kids were small every so often I would buy a can of whipped cream. They would squirt it into their mouth. They thought that was a big treat. :angel:

Right! Isn't that canned stuff fun? :yum:

Spike still buys himself a can or two every month. :angel:

Speaking of spike, we found cans of the spiked whipped cream on a road trip, that was good stuff! Took it to BIL's for Thanksgiving, it was used in coffee, on pie, and a few direct mouth squirts.

Last edited:
My birthday is coming up this week and I was craving german chocolate cake, the ones in the grocery stores are pretty sad, usually just a chocolate layer cake with some coconut pecan icing plopped on top, so I made it myself. 4 layers of fudgy cake and 4 layers of coconut pecan icing, with buttercream on the sides. The buttercream was a last minute addition.

German.JPG
OH LORD!! YUM have you posted the recipes? Hint pretty please.

Do you have a recipe for Black forest cake?

Back
Top Bottom