What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gee, I didn't get a birthday cake last March, and I bet you get invited to a lot of pot luck suppers. I am having one and you and your partner are the only invited guests. What time can I expect you? :angel:

I try to stay away from this thread because of people like bakechef, whose baking triggers my drool reflex.

They look amazing :yum:

My partner informed me this morning that the get together that we are going to is pot luck...

Here is what I came up with at the last minute.

Red velvet truffle cupcakes

Made a divot in the cupcakes

IMG_20130504_140211.jpg

Filled with dark chocolate ganache (the truffle part of the cupcake)
IMG_20130504_141134.jpg

Then frosted with a cream cheese frosting that was mixed with some Swiss meringue buttercream that was left over from the cake I made sunday (stored in freezer). Melted some of the ganache and drizzled over the top.
IMG_20130504_141914.jpg

I'm not using my fancy camera for these, mainly because my phone uploads the pictures instantly to my google account and makes it really easy to post here!

Grandson just told me he has to take a chocolate cake to school tomorrow for teacher appreciation day. So I had better get busy. :)

img_1265250_0_3e8dad149e4ef0028767d9f148de9440.jpg

img_1265250_1_4ed1da5fdb0bb3286805b391aa1cdb43.jpg

My first from scratch. I wanted to take pics of the inside, but after I cut it there was a frenzy similar to sharks feeding. I was lucky to keep my fingers...

Bakechef both the cake and cupcakes are BEAUTIFUL!! Have you posted the recipes and instructions for the cupcakes?

Very nice cake cheesy.

Bakechef both the cake and cupcakes are BEAUTIFUL!! Have you posted the recipes and instructions for the cupcakes?

Very nice cake cheesy.

No I haven't. The cupcakes were kind of an on the fly thing. I can get you the recipe for the cake part and ganache. The icing was a cream cheese icing that I mixed with leftover Swiss meringue buttercream to lighten it up, so that isn't really a recipe, but more of a concoction.

Thanks for the compliment!

This afternoon we made a classic baked cheesecake with a blend of ricotta cheese and cream cheese :chef:

I have a cottage cheese / dill bread rising. It will make for the perfect meatloaf sandwich.

No baking here. My electric range has decided to take a break. The oven part is not working. Everything else is working. Gee...I'd be lost without that clock.:wacko: this has happened once before, and we had to replace the unit with the clock to get everything working again. Seems like a usual problem with this stove. :mad: I see a new range in my future. Think I will go window shopping today to check things out. :ermm:

No baking here. My electric range has decided to take a break. The oven part is not working. Everything else is working. Gee...I'd be lost without that clock.:wacko: this has happened once before, and we had to replace the unit with the clock to get everything working again. Seems like a usual problem with this stove. :mad: I see a new range in my future. Think I will go window shopping today to check things out. :ermm:

Chops, hope you find something you really like, how exciting :)

Back
Top Bottom