What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S&P, those pretzel-y things look scrumptious! :yum: I'd use the buns for burgers...

Katy, if that cake tastes as good as it looks you have a winner. Decorated cakes are overrated. ;)

S&P, those pretzel-y things look scrumptious! :yum: I'd use the buns for burgers...

Katy, if that cake tastes as good as it looks you have a winner. Decorated cakes are overrated. ;)

We are having the monthly birthday tomorrow for all of July's birthdays. Most of the residents will be scraping off all of the frosting. Me included. I would rather have a plain pound cake. :angel:

Soft Pretzels & Buns
39817-albums960-picture5596.jpg

They look fab Joey!

I am going to make a Lemon Tart today for dinner tonight...this is such a lovely tart, best one I have ever tasted :yum:

Feeding my obsessive personality.

I mixed the vanilla wedding cake recipe again, then divided it between the 6", 9", and 12" pans, weighing them as I went so now I know how much batter I need to make even layers. No eyeballing.

I've decided to do a smallish 3 tier with 2 chocolate 9" satellite cakes. This should more than enough.

My lemon tart turned out perfect!

The sweet shortcrust pastry was not too thick, not too thin and the lemon filling complimented the pastry...it went down a treat...and I gave mum a big slice to take home :)

I have to confess, I was going to make my own gumpaste flowers but decided not to. So it's going to be fairly plain with some store bought gumpaste flowers!

I have to confess, I was going to make my own gumpaste flowers but decided not to. So it's going to be fairly plain with some store bought gumpaste flowers!

And this is bad, how???? You are making the cake, I still can't wait to see it.:)

:shock: Oh no, Bakechef! :shock: You slacker, you! :LOL: As if you have nothing else to do.

It will be absolutely gorgeous, can't wait to see it! Yeah, plain. Right.

Feeding my obsessive personality.

I mixed the vanilla wedding cake recipe again, then divided it between the 6", 9", and 12" pans, weighing them as I went so now I know how much batter I need to make even layers. No eyeballing.

I've decided to do a smallish 3 tier with 2 chocolate 9" satellite cakes. This should more than enough.

At least you're checking your sizes a few WEEKS before. Smart! Our Cake Lady called me two days before our wedding to let me know her scallop-edged pans made enough cake for only 90 cuts, not the 150 we requested - AND, might I add, paid for! I was hysterical. Called Himself in a panic. He's very analytic and said "well can she make an extra pan's worth for 60 and hide it in the kitchen?" Bingo! :LOL:

So bakechef, are you making the cake at home and then transporting it to Maine or are you going to make it up there? Either way, we all want to see it.

BTW, what is the date of the wedding? This is like waiting for the overdue baby to arrive. We are all waiting. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom