What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made some mini peach and apple crisps and have a pint of vanilla bean ice cream in the freezer. Viola!

Vitauta's clotted cream thread has me thinking scones, so today I'm planning to bake some dried cherry scones from a recipe in the big red plaid Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. I'll have to skip the cream this time.

Vitauta's clotted cream thread has me thinking scones, so today I'm planning to bake some dried cherry scones from a recipe in the big red plaid Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. I'll have to skip the cream this time.

We love scones tinlizzy. Let me know how those turn out please. FWIW, I like adding mini chocolate chips in my cherry scones sometimes. Very yum!

Friday I baked a dozen onion bagels and a quick chocolate cake topped with a quick chocolate ganache frosting.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm What are you roasting today? Turkey? :LOL: Does that count? It is in the oven. :chef:

Forgot to post this yesterday....I baked a banana bread using a recipe I found here on DC. I used my largest bread pan, but unfortunately it blurped over the sides and made quite a mess in the oven :(. And on the pan. It did however come out of the pan nicely after some chiseling of the the "blurped" parts to separate it from the pan. It tastes great, so I guess that's all that matters. I should have taken a picture, it kind of looked like one that another DC'er posted not so long ago that I think was his wife's debacle. I'm thinking maybe there was some baking soda that got trapped in a bubble of egg or something, instant volcano, the batter was pretty fluid too, maybe a bit too much liquid.

Yesterday a friend mentioned that another couple in the community could use some of my brownies....so they are in the oven. Not sure my friends' idea was completely altruistic but mine is...except for the corner pieces:LOL:

No baking today, but I'm making ww bread and ww pitas tomorrow. The ww bread is for open-faced fresh-from-the-garden tomato on toast with homemade mayo...yum! The pita is because I'm making more hummus.

I'm not much of a baker. Dh usually does all the baking for work & home. I was in the mood to bake so I made a apple/walnut, maple cake. Made the house smell good.

Back
Top Bottom