What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made the banana bread this morning and it is delicious! Even though I am diabetic I had to try it, and I'm going to have a hard time staying away from it. I didn't put the nuts in....we're nutty enough as it is! Recipe is definately a keeper.

I just finished making a Pistachio Praline & Vanilla cake and managed to remember to take a pic! :)

Of course I have no idea if it tastes any good! (I'll find out this afternoon). ;)

Attachments

• Pistachio Praline and Vanilla Cake.JPG
    Pistachio Praline and Vanilla Cake.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 218
I just finished making a Pistachio Praline & Vanilla cake and managed to remember to take a pic! :)

Of course I have no idea if it tastes any good! (I'll find out this afternoon). ;)

Oh wow does that ever look yummy !

Let us know how great it is so we will all want the recipe and need to make it ourselves !!

I am planning a luncheon for my pastor and I need to know how long ahead I can make my parker house rolls and freeze them and also my pies...how long can they be frozen. Thanks

My husband used to make bagels, I don't know why he stopped. I will have to see if I can get him to do it again. Do you make different varieties?

I make only onion bagels. I like them best and started making them because I didn't like the ones in the bagel shops.

That looks good Katy! You are so impressive with your beautiful place settings and fancy baking!

Just took two loaves of French bread out of the oven. One will accompany our meal tonight of split pea with ham soup.

We finished the walnut caramel pie last night and I should get busy and make some sort of dessert for the coming days but, unfortunately, inspiration has taken a vacation today. Maybe I should just go stand in the pantry and see if anything clobbers me.

Just took two loaves of French bread out of the oven. One will accompany our meal tonight of split pea with ham soup.

We finished the walnut caramel pie last night and I should get busy and make some sort of dessert for the coming days but, unfortunately, inspiration has taken a vacation today. Maybe I should just go stand in the pantry and see if anything clobbers me.

Guinness Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Glaze

That would definitely clobber me. However, the walnut caramel pie had a bottom coating of chocolate and Glenn isn't wild about chocolate so I try to ration it.

I'm leaning toward cookies of some sort because it's been a while since we've had any homemade cookies. Usually I make a cake or bars or a pie.

I was hoping to live vicariously through your baking of it...:LOL:

I'm doing BakeChef's Peter Pumkin Bars today, for Shrek. :pig: A dry run before the competition at work.

I have pie crust dough chilling in the fridge. It will become the base of a pear and frangipane tart.

I was hoping to live vicariously through your baking of it...:LOL:

I'm doing BakeChef's Peter Pumkin Bars today, for Shrek. :pig: A dry run before the competition at work.

Winner, Winner...Shrek likes this better than pumpkin pie, I like it, too...still partial to pie.

When I make these for work, I'm going to plump some raisins, add chopped walnuts and coconut. Make them as muffins for easy serving.

Back
Top Bottom