"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #381
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Today we are going to be making sausage rolls

We will be mincing up pork sausages and adding some fennel seeds, should turn out lovely with the puff pastry
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #382
Sous Chef
 
mmyap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 673
My Cottage Cheese Dill loaf came out really nice. Smells like heaven.
__________________

__________________
mmyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #383
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,306
That is purdy! You have a recipe for that one? sounds good!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #384
Sous Chef
 
mmyap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That is purdy! You have a recipe for that one? sounds good!
I used this one. I warn you, this woman's idea of a loaf pan is different then mine. Her loaf pan must be twice the size of mine! I ended up doing it free form on a baking sheet. Next time I would half the recipe and I think it would fit the traditional sized loaf pan fine. I also only used 5 cups of the flour and added about a 1/4 of a cup of more of water because it seemed too dry and crumbly. Again, next time I would cut the recipe in half, using 2 1/2 cups of flour and only one egg, leave out the extra yolk.

But after a few alterations it was delicious! I froze half the loaf because it was huge!

Cottage Cheese Dill Bread | Annie's Eats
__________________
mmyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #385
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Looks tasty
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #386
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,088
going to bake the cake and maybe make the buttercream for my partner's birthday party tomorrow, need to go to Penzy's for some more cocoa powder first, this could be a bad thing since that shopping center is impossible to find parking on a saturday. I may just go to the store and get some Ghiradelli cocoa powder instead.

I am thinking about making some semolina bread as well.
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #387
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,167
The dough for a pair of loaves of bacon-and-egg bread has just about finished its first rise. The bacon is cooked and crumbled and I'll be ready to form the loaves. The house should smell yummy really soon.

While the oven's still hot I'm going to make some cornbread to have with our split pea/ham soup that's simmering on the stove. It's cold, windy and rainy here today, so a day of baking and comfort food is in order.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #388
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyap View Post
I used this one. I warn you, this woman's idea of a loaf pan is different then mine. Her loaf pan must be twice the size of mine! I ended up doing it free form on a baking sheet. Next time I would half the recipe and I think it would fit the traditional sized loaf pan fine. I also only used 5 cups of the flour and added about a 1/4 of a cup of more of water because it seemed too dry and crumbly. Again, next time I would cut the recipe in half, using 2 1/2 cups of flour and only one egg, leave out the extra yolk.

But after a few alterations it was delicious! I froze half the loaf because it was huge!

Cottage Cheese Dill Bread | Annie's Eats
Thank you, this looks so good!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #389
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,167
Still feeling the need to play in yeast, so I've begun the task of making a recipe of big cinnamon rolls. They're on their first rise and it won't be long before I roll and cut them and set them to rise for the last time. Gonna smell good in this house pretty soon.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #390
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Still feeling the need to play in yeast, so I've begun the task of making a recipe of big cinnamon rolls. They're on their first rise and it won't be long before I roll and cut them and set them to rise for the last time. Gonna smell good in this house pretty soon.
You must be getting in all your yeasty licks before the weather turns too hot to bake. Reverse hibernation.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.