What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In preparation of our Valentine's Day meal tonight, I made a dozen and a half potato rolls and three dozen Valentine cut-out cookies. Kitchen sure smelled good all morning.

I am glad to know that you made cut out cookies for Valentine's day. When I was growing up they were part of almost every holiday, not just Christmas.

My mom packed many tins and boxes of these for various functions at church and school, before cookies were added to the list of controlled substances. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It brings back memories of a simpler time!

This week DD's and I made chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies from scratch and a Ghirardelli triple fudge brownies from a box.

Made this for a luncheon at work, with every intention of blogging the recipe in time for Valentine's day. Guess who got preoccupied and didn't post it?

here is red velvet cake

SG1L0073.JPG

Made this for a luncheon at work, with every intention of blogging the recipe in time for Valentine's day. Guess who got preoccupied and didn't post it?

here is red velvet cake

Good grief, that is spectacular, BC! And you brought it to WORK???

Lovely!

here is red velvet cake

SG1L0073.JPG

Makes me wish that I worked where you do...it looks wonderful!:yum:

Thanks!

Yeah I brought it to work. I told everyone not to expect anything, but instead, after work, going to the gym, and making dinner I put this together.

I'm a sucker for punishment... :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks!

Yeah I brought it to work. I told everyone not to expect anything, but instead, after work, going to the gym, and making dinner I put this together.

I'm a sucker for punishment... :LOL:

Well, Chopper and I have both filled out job applications.....

Going to do a fresh blueberry pie for my honey today. I REALLY want to bake a whole bunch of stuff, but I'm holding off.

Is there a piece of that pie left? If there is I will be right over. On second thought, what a silly question. Of course there isn't any left. Blueberry has to be my very favorite. I used to go to the U Pick Em with my sister. I also would make her stop by the road side when we would go on one of our weekend trips antiquing. Blueberries galore. :angel:

I'm going to fire up the bread machine and make a batch of my grandma's cinnamon rolls. I haven't made cinnamon rolls for awhile and friends are dropping by tomorrow around 11 for a visit.

I'm going to fire up the bread machine and make a batch of my grandma's cinnamon rolls. I haven't made cinnamon rolls for awhile and friends are dropping by tomorrow around 11 for a visit.

I have been hankering for a bread machine for years. I could never justify one for just one person. But I am sure the family would love some cinnamon rolls, bread, etc. Maybe this year. :angel:

I have been hankering for a bread machine for years. I could never justify one for just one person. But I am sure the family would love some cinnamon rolls, bread, etc. Maybe this year. :angel:
Do you buy bread? If so, then you can justify a bread machine. I have a couple of them (one for the farm, one for my house). I don't use it often anymore because I don't eat bread a lot. I use mine as a dough machine. I can no longer knead bread because of my fibromyalgia. I use the bread machine to make the dough for bagels, pitas, etc. I got mine at a thrift store for $5 each. People often get rid of them (both of mine came with the manuals and a recipe book). I store mine in the basement. My mom stores hers in a closet in the spare bedroom.

No. I don't even buy one loaf a month. I don't like the feel of the bread in my mouth when I start to chew it. But I do like to make bread and bread products for the family. Like you, my hands are getting to the point where it is very painful sometimes to do things. I don't have a straight finger on either hand. :angel:

That sounds delicious GG...love banana bread :yum:

Thanks, Kylie. Just got them in the oven. I love that I can lick all the batter off the spoon and out of the bowl ;) I really love this batter. Brown sugar, butter, eggs, cinnamon, etc. - yummy. I'll make some honey butter to spread on it with breakfast tomorrow.

I made peanut butter rice crispie squares,with melted chocolate chips on top today. They were a hit!

Back
Top Bottom