What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Making this at home. Rob's co-workers buy it from me. It all started when I sent some bread to work with him, then they asked if they could buy it! They think that the cinnamon sugar cream cheese spread is some special recipe, even though I've told them that it isn't!

Last year I did 40 loaves the sunday before Thanksgiving, with my biggest year being 55. This year I told him to only take orders from those who approached him and asked for it. I used to do it again at Christmas but it became too much with work and all of the other baking that I want to do.

I can get 16 foil pans in at a time, which is great! The fans help them bake evenly.
SG1L2396.JPG

SG1L2400.JPG

That's how my Cheesecake business and then catering started many moons ago. My boss at the time was a baker and had never made cheesecakes. He was buying them from me to sell in the shop and pretty soon I was cooking meals for him and his wife's dinner parties. Then I was cooking for dinner parties for all his friends, etc. All stopped when we moved to Montana.

I'm glad that I'm not afraid to put the brakes on and say no! If not I'd be making cheesecakes, pumpkin breads etc. all the way up until christmas. The money is good, but I have a life too!

I'm glad that I'm not afraid to put the brakes on and say no! If not I'd be making cheesecakes, pumpkin breads etc. all the way up until christmas. The money is good, but I have a life too!

Absolutely, I was doing dinner parties every weekend from Thanksgiving to New Year's...no time off from my day job. I didn't learn how to say "no" until I became a nurse...

Wow Andy, a pie like that, I mean, uh wow!

I'll be trying to make some rolls for tomorrows meal. left myself enough time to have another go if they fail.

Beautiful pie, Andy. That rack looks just like the one I THOUGHT came with my pressure cooker. I still haven't figured out where it came from.

I made the pumpkin cheesecake yesterday and let it sit according to directions. Removed the ring this morning. The Pirate's mouth was watering. So I cut him a large slice. He wanted to know if I had to give it to his sister. Could he just sit there and dig into it?

I wrapped it up in plastic wrap and my SIL came and picked it up. I doubt there will much left tomorrow. I have never seen anyone with a sweet tooth like he has. I am going to make some brownies tonight. For just incase. They won't go to waste in their house. :angel:

I made two oat/wheat loaves waiting for thanksgiving leftovers and a banana pie.

Andy, that is some gorgeous apple pie!

Made rolls for tomorrows meal. Used the no-knead bread dough, split it up into 1/3+ cup portions which I put into a silicon muffin pan, brushed with olive oil and topped with a little salt. Didn't know how many I would get from a single loaf recipe, turned out to be nine. Wife comes to check on me and she has a buttered roll in her hand with a big smile, she really likes this faux focaccia bread. Good thing I had started another bowl of dough to bake tomorrow morning since we are now going to be a couple short.
After years of being on the receiving end of her meals, I now understand what she meant when she said it was a pleasure to cook for someone.

That pie looks better than any apple pie that I've ever made, WOW!

Pies baked last night, 2 pecan and 1 pumpkin. Today potato rolls. I baked my stuffing bread seasoned with Bell's poultry seasoning Sunday, and used the leftover bread for toast this morning, YUM!

Pies done last night. Pics later if people don't attack them first. LOL

Back
Top Bottom