"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #451
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That looks amazing!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #452
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I'm still baking cake to find the perfect recipe for our wedding cake. I think that I've nailed the vanilla cake, nice and soft and tender, and slices nicely. Now to develop a chocolate cake with the same qualities. I have some great chocolate cake recipes like the hershey's but I want a lighter texture and a cleaner slice.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #453
Chef Extraordinaire

Today we are making a thin based pizza, a salami and mozzarella cheese one
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #454
Head Chef

Quote:
Today we are making a thin based pizza, a salami and mozzarella cheese one
Mmmmmmm!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #455
Chef Extraordinaire

I will share you Merstar, come on over
Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #456
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I'm still baking cake to find the perfect recipe for our wedding cake. I think that I've nailed the vanilla cake, nice and soft and tender, and slices nicely. Now to develop a chocolate cake with the same qualities. I have some great chocolate cake recipes like the hershey's but I want a lighter texture and a cleaner slice.
Have you looked at any other Hershey recipe? They have several. Also look at any of the makers of chocolate. They all have test kitchens and a recipe file for you to peruse through. Ghiradelli, Bakers, etc. I am sure you are aware of others. You right about the Hershey one we all rave about. It certainly has a strong chocolate flavor, but it is not light. Very moist though.

Don't forget, we want a picture of the final result. We also want pics of the wedding. I feel so excited for you and your partner.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #457
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Have you looked at any other Hershey recipe? They have several. Also look at any of the makers of chocolate. They all have test kitchens and a recipe file for you to peruse through. Ghiradelli, Bakers, etc. I am sure you are aware of others. You right about the Hershey one we all rave about. It certainly has a strong chocolate flavor, but it is not light. Very moist though.

Don't forget, we want a picture of the final result. We also want pics of the wedding. I feel so excited for you and your partner.
I've been very interested in the question of wedding cakes as there has been a series of programmes on television about wedding cake companies all over America. The cakes ranged from the beautiful to the downright weird. One couple wanted a cake which was a life-sized, technically accurate copy of the bridegroom's DJ deck with battery-operated turntables!!

Over here the traditional wedding cake is a rich fruit one. Have American wedding cakes always been sponge cake or is this a recent fashion? Mind you, there are still brides here who want to get away from the traditional. I offered to do the cake for my cousin's daughter's wedding.... until I learned that she wanted a tower of 200 very elaborately decorated cupcakes on a stand! She threw a real bridezilla tantrum when I politely said I couldn't possible do it and threatened to forbid me entrance to the wedding reception! Her mother eventually calmed her down but it was a really spectacular paddy while it lasted.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #458
Executive Chef

It'll be bread in the morning. I've run out. Thought I still had a loaf from the last batch in the freezer but no and god-daughter who is home from London for the weekend is coming for tea.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #459
Chef Extraordinaire

Here is the pizza we made today

Old 06-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #460
Head Chef

Quote:
I will share you Merstar, come on over
I'm booking my flight!