What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today was a fun baking day w our daughter (14) we made cut out cookies & decorated them.

Good gravy, woman, you are a machine! How do you do all this? I'm exhausted just reading your list!

I am just hoping she has commercial equipment at work. If not her KA is going to get quite a workout. Her weight should be falling off with all that activity. I am exhausted with you Dawg. :angel:

Yesterday I made triple chip cookies and cranberry white chocolate cookies. Today it was lemon crinkles (a cake mix cookie) and double chocolate chunk.

Because of time, health and desire, that is all the holiday baking that will probably get done this year. I just needed some thank you presents for people who have done nice things for us.

I have wanted to do more, but it just isn't happening. Oh well, I am learning to accept things as they are! :)

I am just hoping she has commercial equipment at work. If not her KA is going to get quite a workout. Her weight should be falling off with all that activity. I am exhausted with you Dawg. :angel:
Yes, we have commercial equipment at work. I'm maintaining my weight, not losing anything now. Just a bite, then I walk away.
After cut out cookies today we put together a gingerbread house. Fun day baking with the daughter. It was good to make baking fun for a change:):angel::angel:

I just realized this is a thread for 2013. Is there a thread for 2014 that I missed?

German Butterkuchen / A yeast cake.

My MIL makes that - it is so yummy! Yours looks just like hers. TB is 100% gluten intolerant (has celiac disease) but I am just intolerant and can have some regular baking once in awhile. My MIL knows this so she makes Butterkuchen and plumkuchen (spelling is probably wrong) when I come over. :)

Today was a 4 layer butter cake with key lime filling

I assume this was for the café? Sounds like something out of one of the bakeries in Vienna. Sorry, you make it impossible for me to come visit you. I would spend every hour at the café sampling everything. I just cancelled my plane reservations. :angel:

Just took out a peach cobbler, and that will be served for dessert along with homemade vanilla bean ice cream that I made last night. Have friends coming over later.

The only thing baking today is me! It is ridiculously hot and humid in one of the normally best climates in the world.

Everything I eat today will be cold. Breakfast was a bowl of Cracklin' Oat Bran, a store bought chocolate croissant, and a glass of Ovaltine. Lunch is Tuna salad on sourdough with potato chips and Pepsi Max, and I may just go out to an air conditioned restaurant for supper. If not, I will find something leftover in the refrigerator that can be nuked.

Back
Top Bottom