What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm "thinking about" making another Swedish Almond Cake, adding some dried cranberries, almonds and seeing if I can make it into a biscotti...we'll see.

Last night I made a lovely banana cake :yum:

It was delicious!

We made a caramel sauce to put on a slice each last night...YUM!!

I decided to make these for my road trip:

Best Recipes Ever - Breakfast in a Cookie

I subbed out 1/2 of the honey for maple syrup, added some coconut, used sultanas instead of apricots (and used dried cranberries). Added some lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh ginger, and the crushed seeds of about 6 pods of white cardamon. Waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven.

Oh--I used sweet potato instead of carrot. Otherwise, it was exactly the same (and I didn't find that freezing the dates made them easier to chop--I had to let them sit for about 10 minutes before I could chop them).

Last edited:

I subbed out 1/2 of the honey for maple syrup, added some coconut, used sultanas instead of apricots (and used dried cranberries). Added some lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh ginger, and the crushed seeds of about 6 pods of white cardamon. Waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven.

Oh--I used sweet potato instead of carrot. Otherwise, it was exactly the same (and I didn't find that freezing the dates made them easier to chop--I had to let them sit for about 10 minutes before I could chop them).
They'll work for road food. Not too sweet, not messy or sticky. I "almost" added some white chocolate chips, but held off on that.

CWS: these cookies sound good....no sugar except honey, like that! but I never buy Cheerios anymore, too much salt content. I'll find something else to add instead....or: you said you just left them out? and it worked ok?

They sound nice :yum:

Have a white chocolate raspberry swirl cheesecake in the oven. A co-worker is leaving to go to another store and this is her favorite.

Just mixed up a batch of sweet and salty butter pecan cookie dough (I like to age my cookie dough for a day or two) for a bake sale saturday. I'll also be making a batch of whoopie pies for the sale tomorrow evening.

CWS: these cookies sound good....no sugar except honey, like that! but I never buy Cheerios anymore, too much salt content. I'll find something else to add instead....or: you said you just left them out? and it worked ok?
Soma--they worked fine--I just had to bake them a bit longer (I think it was about 20-25 minutes). One could probably use Agava syrup as well. I used maple syrup because I have so much of it. I didn't dare use just maple syrup, hence why I used 1/2 maple syrup, 1/2 honey. Next time I might do 1/2 honey + 1/2 molasses. If you have fresh oranges, some orange zest and a bit of fresh squeezed orange juice would be nice.

I actually pressed 1/2 the dough in an 8 x 8 pan and made "bars" (I lightly sprayed the pan with cooking oil).

I used a "white" sweet potato, not as sweet as an orange one. I didn't have any carrots in the house, but the sweet potato worked.

These cookies are not sweet/sugary. I have about a 16-hour drive ahead of me this weekend. I wanted some road food to take with me, so made these. And, some curry roasted chickpeas. I have celery and carrot sticks as well. To keep awake, I eat things I have to chew (and listen to books on tape). Now if only I didn't have this beastly cold...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom