What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZGood day to make a pot of chili. It's still so rainey & cold here

Hope your chili was good! I just love chili. I have been looking at some no-bake things to make to have something sweet for Hubby! It's really hard not having an oven. My new range gets here the 18th. I can't wait!

Hope your chili was good! I just love chili. I have been looking at some no-bake things to make to have something sweet for Hubby! It's really hard not having an oven. My new range gets here the 18th. I can't wait!

Chopper, have you tried the 3-2-1 cake in the microwave? You can make it so many different ways, as long as angel food cake mix is in there somewhere.

Chopper, have you tried the 3-2-1 cake in the microwave? You can make it so many different ways, as long as angel food cake mix is in there somewhere.

Right! I have done that before. Good idea. Thanks. I just found a great recipe for "candy bar" no bake bars made with cool whip too. That might be fun for this hot weather. The nutty chocolate Carmel bars sound like they will taste like snickers bars. :yum:

got a peach pie in the oven, went to the farmer's market and got some very ripe and juicy peaches, I actually wish that they had been a bit more firm, but they are full of flavor, so the pie should be great!

Yesterday we spend the afternoon in the kitchen making some lovely lemon tarts, made our our lemon filling and of course also made our own sweet shortcrust pastry!

They are delicious :yum:

Yesterday we spend the afternoon in the kitchen making some lovely lemon tarts, made our our lemon filling and of course also made our own sweet shortcrust pastry!

They are delicious :yum:

Can you share your recipe for the sweet shortcrust pastry? Thanks.

Strawberry Pie
39817-albums933-picture5543.jpg

I'm still baking cake to find the perfect recipe for our wedding cake. I think that I've nailed the vanilla cake, nice and soft and tender, and slices nicely. Now to develop a chocolate cake with the same qualities. I have some great chocolate cake recipes like the hershey's but I want a lighter texture and a cleaner slice.

I'm still baking cake to find the perfect recipe for our wedding cake. I think that I've nailed the vanilla cake, nice and soft and tender, and slices nicely. Now to develop a chocolate cake with the same qualities. I have some great chocolate cake recipes like the hershey's but I want a lighter texture and a cleaner slice.

Have you looked at any other Hershey recipe? They have several. Also look at any of the makers of chocolate. They all have test kitchens and a recipe file for you to peruse through. Ghiradelli, Bakers, etc. I am sure you are aware of others. You right about the Hershey one we all rave about. It certainly has a strong chocolate flavor, but it is not light. Very moist though.

Don't forget, we want a picture of the final result. We also want pics of the wedding. I feel so excited for you and your partner. :angel:

Have you looked at any other Hershey recipe? They have several. Also look at any of the makers of chocolate. They all have test kitchens and a recipe file for you to peruse through. Ghiradelli, Bakers, etc. I am sure you are aware of others. You right about the Hershey one we all rave about. It certainly has a strong chocolate flavor, but it is not light. Very moist though.

Don't forget, we want a picture of the final result. We also want pics of the wedding. I feel so excited for you and your partner. :angel:
I've been very interested in the question of wedding cakes as there has been a series of programmes on television about wedding cake companies all over America. The cakes ranged from the beautiful to the downright weird. One couple wanted a cake which was a life-sized, technically accurate copy of the bridegroom's DJ deck with battery-operated turntables!!

Over here the traditional wedding cake is a rich fruit one. Have American wedding cakes always been sponge cake or is this a recent fashion? Mind you, there are still brides here who want to get away from the traditional. I offered to do the cake for my cousin's daughter's wedding.... until I learned that she wanted a tower of 200 very elaborately decorated cupcakes on a stand! She threw a real bridezilla tantrum when I politely said I couldn't possible do it and threatened to forbid me entrance to the wedding reception! Her mother eventually calmed her down but it was a really spectacular paddy while it lasted.

It'll be bread in the morning. I've run out. Thought I still had a loaf from the last batch in the freezer but no and god-daughter who is home from London for the weekend is coming for tea.

Back
Top Bottom