What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The picture of those hot dogs with the toasted buns remind me of the lunch counter at Krege's or W T Grants years ago.

All they need is some chips and a pickle! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

1.) You're dating yourself. ;)

2.) I used to go two blocks over to W.T. Grant to meet my SIL for lunch when we were single and both worked in downtown Cleveland. A hot dog and a glass of Hire's root beer from the big barrel they had in a stand. Memories...

3.) Guess I'M dating myself too. :LOL:

4.) Now I want a root beer float. :huh:

I have cookie dough from a few days ago that I will be baking. It is "Grammy Cookies" that I mixed up with the boys when they were here. Just got tired of baking them. Now we will have some fresh ones. :yum:

Well, I have a "sticky treacle, ginger and lime cake" in the oven currently. Only time will tell if it is a success! (So far it has taken nearly double the stated cooking time which doesn't bode well.) :ermm:

Well, I have a "sticky treacle, ginger and lime cake" in the oven currently. Only time will tell if it is a success! (So far it has taken nearly double the stated cooking time which doesn't bode well.) :ermm:

That sounds different. I bet it will still taste great once it is done.

Soft Pretzels & Buns
39817-albums960-picture5596.jpg

Well the Sticky Treacle, Ginger and Lime Cake is done. My decorating skills are minimal as you can see. No idea what it tastes like yet either.

Attachments

• IMG-20130731-00179.jpg
    IMG-20130731-00179.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 138
Well the Sticky Treacle, Ginger and Lime Cake is done. My decorating skills are minimal as you can see. No idea what it tastes like yet either.

Nice, Katy! The combo sounds intriguing, can't wait to hear how it tastes.

Nice, Katy! The combo sounds intriguing, can't wait to hear how it tastes.

Thanks DL! I saw this in a magazine and decided to try it on my colleagues tomorrow (it apparently "improves" if you leave it overnight). Luckily, they don't mind me experimenting on them! :LOL:

I had one of those in my hand when I made a visit to King Arthur's store until I realized 10 buns would be too many for me and wife.
Any idea how to partition off to make 1/2 a batch?

Reduce your recipe by half. Then only use as many of the slots for the buns as you need. But make one extra. That will be your throw away one. The outside of that one will be complete with crust. And you don't want that. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom