What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooo Addie, that looks good! I have never had cheese with apple pie, but I have some good English cheddar in the fridge that really needs a slice of pie.

Thank you. Cheese with an apple pie is an English/New England pairing. :angel:

Thank you. Cheese with an apple pie is an English/New England pairing. :angel:

I have heard of cheese with apple pie but have never had it. It is one of those things that makes me go "hmmmm?" Like pairing pickles with peanut butter. I would love to have a piece of that apple pie really cold, after it has been in the refrigerator overnight.

"Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze" Can't tell you how many times I've heard that. I still haven't had cheese with apple pie. I also don't put ice cream on crackers.

Fruit and cheese are a pretty common pairing: brie with apple chutney or cranberry sauce, and a cheese plate with grapes, for example.

You're right. The combination of apple pie and cheddar cheese just never appealed to me. I have a general dislike for sweet and savory together.

Fruit and cheese are a pretty common pairing: brie with apple chutney or cranberry sauce, and a cheese plate with grapes, for example.

I would really dig into a plate of fruit and cheese, but once the fruit is cooked inside a pie crust it's a whole nother ball game! For me. I have no problem with what other people like.

My dad always ate his apple pie with a slice of cheese. I really need to try this.

I grew up with cheese and apple pie. It wasn't until I was into adulthood that I ever heard of ice cream with it. I don't like when it melts and my crust gets wet from it. I would rather have the cheese. :angel:

Christmas cookies! Yesterday I baked Chocolate Chip. I always start with the easiest ones. Today it is cut out sugar cookies. They are a long drawn out process, but my family loves them.

Last edited:
I grew up with cheese and apple pie. It wasn't until I was into adulthood that I ever heard of ice cream with it. I don't like when it melts and my crust gets wet from it. I would rather have the cheese. :angel:

I think it all depends on what you grew up with. We always had pie alone...nothing on it.

I also grew up eating pancakes as a dinner item. I never heard of pancakes for breakfast until I was an adult. When the cupboard was bare, my mother would make a big batch of pancakes. They were cheap and they filled us up.

I think it all depends on what you grew up with. We always had pie alone...nothing on it.

I also grew up eating pancakes as a dinner item. I never heard of pancakes for breakfast until I was an adult. When the cupboard was bare, my mother would make a big batch of pancakes. They were cheap and they filled us up.

That's true of anything. I like to be an adventurous eater, though, and try things I didn't grow up with. Cooking would not be as enjoyable to me if I ate and made the same foods all the time.

That's true of anything. I like to be an adventurous eater, though, and try things I didn't grow up with. Cooking would not be as enjoyable to me if I ate and made the same foods all the time.

I am a very adventurous eater, but cheese with pie just doesn't appeal to me. I have tried it with ice cream and didn't like it because it got soggy. I can't say I will never try cheese with pie but it's not high on my list. I'm diabetic and shouldn't be eating pie, anyway!

First before I even think the word "bake" I have to clean up the mess from the pie and brownies. I want to make some cookies for my daughter's Christmas Eve party. And I have to put together the dry ingredients for the Christmas Wreath Cake for the challenge. But before I do any of that, I am going to get me some sleep. I have been up all night. :angel:

I found out last Christmas that my nice neighbor needs gluten-free baked goods -- I had just handed over something baked (brownies, I think - don't recall). So this afternoon I'm trying Bob's Red Mill Hearth Whole Grain Bread Mix, wheat and dairy free. It's rising right now. This loaf will stay here - it's a tester; I bought a cinnamon-raisin mix to make for the neighbor if this one turns out well.

Cookies are on the menu today! Making ginger snaps, chocolate chip, and possibly jam dots (like a thumbprint cookie). I want to get them done and into the freezer so I can start to relax :crazy: my SIL and I are splitting the baking this year, she is doing tarts, muffins, and cinnamon buns, and I'm doing cookies and a pie. The pie I will make the day before we go out to the farm for Christmas.

Pictures! Ginger snaps done :w00t:

Attachments

• image-3996762428.jpg
    image-3996762428.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 152
Back
Top Bottom