What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should have posted a picture of my snowman sugar cookies. They look like deranged ghosts, but my grandson will like them. They are already in the freezer.

Today begins several long hours of Christmas goodies for work...On the agenda we are making: Marshmellow caramels, Pecan tarts, Scottish toffee, Bing bars, Russian teacakes, Almond bark, Peppermint bark, Dry roasted nut clusters, Banana bread, Pistashio bread, Fruit pizza's, Fresh vegetable pizza's, All of the muffin batters: Lemon poppyseed, cranberry/nut & banana/. Don't even get me started on the cookie doughs, pies & bread doughs & bars! Never a dull moment....

SO baked another batch of pecan cookie balls. They seem to disappear so quickly. Probably because they taste so darned good.

Today begins several long hours of Christmas goodies for work...On the agenda we are making: Marshmellow caramels, Pecan tarts, Scottish toffee, Bing bars, Russian teacakes, Almond bark, Peppermint bark, Dry roasted nut clusters, Banana bread, Pistashio bread, Fruit pizza's, Fresh vegetable pizza's, All of the muffin batters: Lemon poppyseed, cranberry/nut & banana/. Don't even get me started on the cookie doughs, pies & bread doughs & bars! Never a dull moment....

Are you doing all this baking in your home? Good heavens lady, you just don't know how to rest. :angel:

Just took a almond butter cake out of the oven. Someone gave the bride a small one from the local bakery, oh my gosh. I hope this recipe comes out the way I want, with a somewhat gooey center. The pic showed a very cakey finished product but the ingredient list matched the recipes that showed a gooey center.

Are you doing all this baking in your home? Good heavens lady, you just don't know how to rest. :angel:
Most of the Christmas candy at home, the rest at work. It takes the fun out of Christmas baking when it has to be done in mass supply.

Just took a almond butter cake out of the oven. Someone gave the bride a small one from the local bakery, oh my gosh. I hope this recipe comes out the way I want, with a somewhat gooey center. The pic showed a very cakey finished product but the ingredient list matched the recipes that showed a gooey center.

FAIL!! Ended up having more of a cake texture than I wanted, oh well. Biggest problem was the salt. I used the same salt I use in bread, sea salt crystals, which didn't break down at all. Had salt crystal crunchies through out the cake. But the taste was good.

FAIL!! Ended up having more of a cake texture than I wanted, oh well. Biggest problem was the salt. I used the same salt I use in bread, sea salt crystals, which didn't break down at all. Had salt crystal crunchies through out the cake. But the taste was good.

Ack! Well, that sucks, so sorry, bbobson! Glad it tasted good anyway.

Good gravy, woman, you are a machine! How do you do all this? I'm exhausted just reading your list!

Last edited:

I only use table salt in baked goods. Kosher salt and others are for savory dishes.

Chocolate chip and sugar cookies done. Peanut butter later.

Apple Pie and cheesecake in the next 2 days.

I got m baking done over the last two days. Oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip, both with walnuts.

Today SO made a pan of paklava.

Back
Top Bottom