What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I made some banana bread today with some walnuts in it. Can't wait to have some with butter on it for dessert tonight.

:cat:Sound' good to me. Today's my Birthday,so I don't have to cook and have my favorite cake.. German chocolate cake ..yum yum!

Yesterday I baked a half dozen of each 4 flavors Pumpkin spice, Fluffy chocolate, Apple cinnamon, and Vanilla tie dye with sprinkles(for the kids) as well as a custard and corn muffins. Today, I baked fresh cinnamon buns.

Disgustingly cold and wet today. A perfect day to bake.

In view of that I'm in the process of making some English muffins. We haven't had any English muffins in a while and I've been craving them. I have a feeling they'll be part of Sunday's breakfast, as in Eggs Benedict.

Just did up a dozen cinnamon buns with my daughter. Not crazy about quick rise yeast. It doesn't seem to rise very well for me. I think it should be called "no rise yeast".

Same here. If it is the only kind on the shelf, I make sure I proof it before using it. Even then it takes a long time to proof. Even when I feed it sugar. They can keep quick rise yeast.

Funny how ATK uses it all the time. ATK is not my bible for cooking. Some great recipes, but their ingredient lists often leave somthing to be desired. :angel:

Disgustingly cold and wet today. A perfect day to bake.

In view of that I'm in the process of making some English muffins. We haven't had any English muffins in a while and I've been craving them. I have a feeling they'll be part of Sunday's breakfast, as in Eggs Benedict.

Last night I had an English muffin with poached eggs. It turned into a lesson. Next time, half a muffin, one egg. Whole muffin and two eggs are too much at one sitting for me. :angel:

I made cinnamon buns today. Note to self. Next time make a 1/2 recipe! I have enough buns to feed the neighbourhood!

I have never tried german chocolate cake, what makes it different to everyday chocolate cake?

I made cinnamon buns today. Note to self. Next time make a 1/2 recipe! I have enough buns to feed the neighbourhood!

Oh, too bad I'm not your neighbor. We could have cinnamon buns together! :pig:

Back
Top Bottom