What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I had made something that called for thinly sliced lemons. I had a number of slices left over so I cooked them in simple syrup until the rind was soft. Put them in a jar and placed in the fridge.

Then one day I made a lemon loaf. I made a glaze like you did and was going to drizzle it over the loaf. Instead I got the lemon slices out of the fridge and poked holes in the loaf. Poured some of the simple lemon flavored syrup over the loaf. Then I took the slices of lemon, dipped them into the glaze and stuck them on top and the sides of the loaf. Lemon flavor everywhere! :angel:

Kirsten, you stated in your post that you are inexperienced in the kitchen. Make a simple cake and to make your Mom really feel special, put ten less candles on the cake than her real age. Just the fact that you made the attempt will make her very happy. I guarantee it! Special occasions are not the time to be experimenting with the unknown. :angel:

I had made something that called for thinly sliced lemons. I had a number of slices left over so I cooked them in simple syrup until the rind was soft. Put them in a jar and placed in the fridge.

Then one day I made a lemon loaf. I made a glaze like you did and was going to drizzle it over the loaf. Instead I got the lemon slices out of the fridge and poked holes in the loaf. Poured some of the simple lemon flavored syrup over the loaf. Then I took the slices of lemon, dipped them into the glaze and stuck them on top and the sides of the loaf. Lemon flavor everywhere! :angel:

That sounds great!

Decided that I wanted to try King Arthur's hamburger bun recipe

They came out wonderful, it's a great recipe!

IMG_20140524_180735662.jpg

Bakechef, I for one would be thrilled to come over and watch Addie chase you around your kitchen!

Those buns are gorgeous!

Cake SOS

I plan to use chocolate ganache as my 'glue' for my broken cake:glare: (the one on the left will probably be cut up and be had with tea). It's been on the cooling rack for about 45 minutes now so no likely chances of further damage, I think.

Tomorrow is the big day and I will be focusing on the chocolate ganache. I've brought extra chocolate and purchased the coconut cream to reduce the amount of work for tomorrow. But the question is, will it hold?

I have 660 grams of white chocolate and 400ml of coconut cream, so plenty of supplies to 'glue' and coat the cake with. :)

If ganache won't do it. What would you suggest?:ermm:

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 158
Finished product!

Not bad for my first ganache. Mum loved it!:yum:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 152
Yesterday I baked a chocolate cake with ganache topping. My daughter and her family are coming today for the holiday cookout and Thursday is her birthday so we'll celebrate that too.

I'm baking coconut macaroons, and immersing them in bittersweet chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom