What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First try at homemade bagels.

Jalapeno (YUM!)

img_1386826_0_394916a0a1333ba5e88ca04e48195965.jpg

Wow those look awesome, they don't look like a first try at all!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Wow those look awesome, they don't look like a first try at all!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Thank you. They were nice and chewy the way I like them. DD and I had a hot one last night right out of the oven and they had crispy bottoms.

Thank you everyone. They weren't spicy at all. I guess we got a mild batch of peppers. They were great with cream cheese. They were chewy which I love. We made cinnamon raisin last night. YUM!

I baked premade frozen gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Does that count? :chef:

I bought them to help out one of the neighbour kid's school fundraiser. I was surprised they had gluten free, and even more surprised that they are really good. We just bake a couple of cookies each when we are in the mood and that way they aren't sitting around tempting us!
But that's what cookies are for;)

There seems to be something about baking that tames the heat of jalapeños. I've made cornbread several times with jalapeños and they're barely noticeable.

There seems to be something about baking that tames the heat of jalapeños. I've made cornbread several times with jalapeños and they're barely noticeable.

I think so too, GG. When I make cornbread I almost always add chopped jalapenos. The past few times I've added more, because I could hardly taste them. I can't do really hot and spicy, but I do want to taste the flavor of jalapenos, and that little kick of heat.

There wasn't any kick of heat at all. Could barely tell any peppers were in there.

Every time one of you posts that you made Cake Mix Cookies I think "I have to try those". Well, I tried them yesterday. Let's just say that Himself isn't much of a sweets/desserts eater, and yet he's managed to eat two cookies to every one of mine! :LOL: Quick, easy, and yummy. They're a veritable trifecta of dieting disaster! :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom