What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I made the brownies with the packages of Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownie mix. They smell delicious, but I am not happy with the amount or size. I am feeding a crowd. So I am now onto Bakechef's Brownies. These will get some crushed nuts added. How can I not make them. After all the raves I have to make them. I will let you know what the crowd said Sunday night or Monday. :angel:

Not baking, yet, have a deadline to meet for Tuesday. Once I've got that almost done, I'm baking an apple tart and a lemon upsidedown cake. I think I will make individual "cakes" in a muffin tin so I can freeze the leftovers. And, I have to make cranberry salsa to accompany tomorrow's turkey.

Well, I made the brownies with the packages of Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownie mix. They smell delicious, but I am not happy with the amount or size. I am feeding a crowd. So I am now onto Bakechef's Brownies. These will get some crushed nuts added. How can I not make them. After all the raves I have to make them. I will let you know what the crowd said Sunday night or Monday. :angel:

Hope you like them!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

img_1392593_0_63877c8c3a3c846dac1110af08e537e8.jpg
img_1392593_1_2a78361093296b7ff40cb0e430033b29.jpg

Wait a minute, S&P, how did you get the rolls to unbake <LOL>? They look FANTASTIC. I can smell them---yum. Let me check to see how long it would take for me to get to you...OUCH! Those rolls will be but a memory by the time I get MT, especially if I stop off to see PF and Shrek! Next time, give me a few days' notice!

In anticipation of a grandchild invasion today, I made about 3 dozen candy corn cookies. They came from a Betty Crocker mix that combines two colors of dough shaped into the form of a piece of candy corn. They were labor intensive, but for the grandchildren....

Now, I have a couple of dozen cornmeal pan rolls on their last rise. Thought of them as I was putting together the ingredients for a big pot of chicken soup for supper.

I'm making an apple pie. It's in the oven now. The house smells amazing. I am experimenting with my pie crust, the types of apples I used and even the method this time. After all this work, I hope it is amazing.

Wait a minute, S&P, how did you get the rolls to unbake <LOL>? They look FANTASTIC. I can smell them---yum. Let me check to see how long it would take for me to get to you...OUCH! Those rolls will be but a memory by the time I get MT, especially if I stop off to see PF and Shrek! Next time, give me a few days' notice!

Joey is closer to you by about 3 hours...see you after! :)

Hope you like them!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

They are for my daughter's party for the parade on Sunday. I am sure they will get the same raving reviews that are here in this forum. I will let you know. :angel:

SO made a couple of pumpkin cake rolls. They are an annual favorite. https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/32372/libbys-pumpkin-roll/

I modified the recipe so she could make two slightly smaller rolls (13x9) instead of on larger one (15x10).
Sounds similar to a pumpkin cake recipe I tried recently (but it had less egg). I tried it a 2nd time with my adaptations, i.e. grated orange rind (for zing factor) + increased the spices....still dullsville. Had to make a limejuice icing to make it more palatable and, when even that didn't cut it, I topped the icing with glace ginger and served the slices spread with a good quality lemon curd...then just about acceptable!

How did yours taste? Not as nondescript as mine I hope.

My neighbor uses the same recipe as Andy's SO, and the roll is always moist and delicious. She gives them out for Christmas some years. I'm hoping this might be one of those years!

Last edited:
I haven't baked anything since I moved into my new house last year (June) so a few days ago I baked my rosemary-onion focaccia recipe. I'm still enjoying it! It also has a fair amount of cheese: usually Parmesan.

The recipe is basic focaccia or as far as that goes basic anything. Bread flour, honey or sugar and water mixed with yeast, oil, salt, and for my specialty sauteed onions and lightly mortared rosemary leaves, then cheese somewhere between a few punch-downs. Drizzle some EVOO over the top before baking and a light sprinkling of granular sea salt, and optional Parmesan a few minutes before baking is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom