"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #221
Master Chef

So nice that you have a good memory to associate with the cake, Andy. My grandma used a cast iron pan to make hers in, too. I remember her cake at family gatherings so there usually wasn't a need to cover it, since it was gone so quickly. lol

Old 06-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #222
Chef Extraordinaire

I have made mine in both a 12" spring form pan and a tube pan. I like the presentation of the spring form pan better. I lay the rings in a circle overlapping up to the cutout and place a cherry there in the partial exposed cutout. The tube pan is only big enough for four pineapple slices. My kids love PUD (thanks Andy for the shortcut). I could make it every day and they would never get tired of it.

Today I am going to attempt to make the 7-Up biscuits to eat with my Porterhouse steak tonight. Only four ingredients.

7-Up® Biscuits Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Will report back on them.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #223
Head Chef

I made these again. I've tried tons of brownie recipes, and this is definitely my favorite. The only change I made was to reduce the salt:
THE BAKED BROWNIE
Fall into Cooking Featured Recipe: The Baked Brownie and Chocolate Stout Milkshake from Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito
Also posted with great photos at:
The Baked Brownie | Brown Eyed Baker
Old 06-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #224
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
In anticipation of a potential barn raisin' at our house this weekend, I just put a big earthenware crock of Baked Beans Quintet in the oven to bake. Whether or not the structure gets built or not, the beans are a "winner, winner, chicken dinner" in this house and will be a few insurance containers in the freezer for later this summer with barbecue.

We're not actually getting a barn, just a really, really big garage to put farm equipment in, such as tractor, mower, etc. Glenn's son just completed a huge nearly 3-bay commercial-sized garage at his house and doesn't need the semi-portable one that he brought to us for our use. It's not really supposed to be portable, but Kenneth took it apart in such a way that it can be pieced together and made into a solid and good building here. There's already a huge concrete pad in the back to serve as the floor, so whenever the elves show up....

In the meantime the smell of the beans baking is about to make me crazy. I might just HAVE to make some sort of barbecued "something" for supper tonight.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #225
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
Chocolate Espresso Chews - They're insanely good!
Can you post link to this recipe? Please
Old 06-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #226
Executive Chef

I baked a Hummingbird cake, with pineapple filling and passion fruit frosting, garnished with shredded coconut
Old 06-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #227
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Can you post link to this recipe? Please
Here ya go:
Eat@ Recipe Swap & Recipes :
Old 06-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #228
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
Thank you
Old 06-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #229
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Thank you
You're very welcome. If you make these, let me know how they turn out!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #230
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Glenn picked a basket of plums from the trees out front this morning, so I just put a plum crumble in the oven. Startin' to smell yummy!

Closed Thread

Tags
baking