What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No but I can if you would like it

img_1399105_0_8128779e5614dff395e84ef397d54c31.gif

Today I'll be making my seasoned bread for Thursday's stuffing. The house is just going to smell amazing today. I've had apple butter in the slow cooker all night, I have bacon in the oven right now and stuffing bread will go in later. Febreeze needs to capture this scent and market it!

Tell exactly what you did with the cheesecakes and we most likely can tell you where you went wrong. What were your results would also help. A picture of them would be of great assistance. I know. No one want to publish their failures. But we even have a professional baker here. So someone will have an answer. :angel:
Oh I have no problem doing any of this. Sorry I have been MIA over the weekend, it is the only time I get to spend with my night working BF. I am about to go get the kids from their dad's and will be gone the rest of the day but I will post how I cut down the recipe and pictures when I get home. BF and my son would love to know what I did wrong beng huge pumpkin lovers. :)

I made a pumpkin roll for DH. He will have it gone in a couple days. He doesn't like me to make it for Thanksgiving because then he has to share it with the guests. LOL

Well, the pumpkin cheesecake is in the oven. This is the last year I am going to make it. I know, there are other recipes that are a lot easier. But they aren't as rich or as big. Big enough for each family member and any other company that stops by to have at least two good slices. There are just too many steps to this recipe. Other recipes have you just crack the eggs and drop them in the mixture. Not this one, you have to beat the yolks until frothy, and the egg whites until they are stiff. The when you consider the amount of the mixture it takes forever to fold it in. I still have to make the topping. But I won't do that until Wednesday night. I will take it with me along instructions on what to do with it.

Now I have to make two apple pies tonight or perhaps tomorrow. A big one for the dinner and a small one for my SIL and daughter. One for each floor.

It truly is time for the next generation to take over the whole meal. Not just the main course. I have always enjoyed baking. But some recipes that the family asks me to make from their childhood are just a lot of work. And I am just too tired to do it anymore. I enjoy watching them scoff it down as if it was going to be their last meal. But kids, learn to bake yourself now. :angel:

Well, the pumpkin cheesecake is in the oven. This is the last year I am going to make it. I know, there are other recipes that are a lot easier. But they aren't as rich or as big. Big enough for each family member and any other company that stops by to have at least two good slices. There are just too many steps to this recipe. Other recipes have you just crack the eggs and drop them in the mixture. Not this one, you have to beat the yolks until frothy, and the egg whites until they are stiff. The when you consider the amount of the mixture it takes forever to fold it in. I still have to make the topping. But I won't do that until Wednesday night. I will take it with me along instructions on what to do with it.

Now I have to make two apple pies tonight or perhaps tomorrow. A big one for the dinner and a small one for my SIL and daughter. One for each floor.

It truly is time for the next generation to take over the whole meal. Not just the main course. I have always enjoyed baking. But some recipes that the family asks me to make from their childhood are just a lot of work. And I am just too tired to do it anymore. I enjoy watching them scoff it down as if it was going to be their last meal. But kids, learn to bake yourself now. :angel:

Type up a little cookbook on your computer and open Addie's cooking school for a couple of Saturdays to give a few lessons, then turn em loose! After that you can operate a telephone hotline to answer questions or sign up to be the judge in the family cooking contests! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Type up a little cookbook on your computer and open Addie's cooking school for a couple of Saturdays to give a few lessons, then turn em loose! After that you can operate a telephone hotline to answer questions or sign up to be the judge in the family cooking contests! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The Pirate loves to cook. He already knows how to make my apple pies and a few other dishes. Every Christmas he cooks for the homeless. This year he is going to do Thanksgiving and Christmas. He has been doing it for years. I think it is time for him to learn the cheesecake. I have all my recipes on hard copy as well as in the computer. I have been doing that for years. And I have talked my daughter over the years through many a meal. Like beef stew, chocolate cake with c. frosting. I have it all in one folder in the computer and then broken down into individual folders like desserts, breads, veggies, etc. :angel:

Two pumpkin pies in the oven right now. I thought about making some kind of fruit pie to go with the deep dish pumpkin pie. DW nixed that idea. Pumpkin pie is her favorite, and so it has to be everyone's favorite, right? I may come up with another desert while down-state, if there's time.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Two pumpkin pies in the oven right now. I thought about making some kind of fruit pie to go with the deep dish pumpkin pie. DW nixed that idea. Pumpkin pie is her favorite, and so it has to be everyone's favorite, right? I may come up with another desert while down-state, if there's time.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

As much as I love this time of year, there are two foods that are almost poison for me. And I love them both.

Pumpkin pie and sage dressing. I get heartburn so bad that one year I had to go to the ER because I couldn't get it under control. Yet, knowing this, I pick and pick until once again I have a case of massive heartburn. And I will probably do it again this year. I already have my medicine to take BEFORE I start to eat. :angel:

As much as I love this time of year, there are two foods that are almost poison for me. And I love them both.

Pumpkin pie and sage dressing. I get heartburn so bad that one year I had to go to the ER because I couldn't get it under control. Yet, knowing this, I pick and pick until once again I have a case of massive heartburn. And I will probably do it again this year. I already have my medicine to take BEFORE I start to eat. :angel:

I rarely get heartburn, but do have to keep the carbs to a minimum, which is a challenge during this season. I will simply have to eat very small portions of some foods.

Addie, like you, I love sage dressing. It's almost my favorite part of the meal. Fortunately for me, I do love mashed rutabaga and sweet potatoes (please, no marshmallow on top, or orange juice added) with a little butter. Though I love a good pumpkin pie, I'm a guy who loves pies in general, be they savory or sweet. I'd love to have a key-lime pie, or an apple pie, or any fruit pie, or cream pie to go with the pumpkin pie. Oh to be ten years old again, with an appetite that would put a tiger to shame, and grandparents, and parents who were great cooks providing that wonderful stuff we call food. But then again, I love making the best I can for my own children, and grandchildren.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom