"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #501
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post

you did remove the beaters or at least unplugged it when you licked the beaters?

don't ask me how i know to do that, beff tharing...
LOL

The pound cake is passable. I will continue with the plan of pouring some sweetened berries over the slices, lotsa berries.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #502
Executive Chef

Peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, herbed dinner rolls and some taters

Old 11-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #503
Master Chef

I need to make some butterscotch cookies with bacon. They are soooo good.

I've also got this blueberry snack cake that I found a recipe for. It's really great too. Maybe I'll make that instead. I I make the cake, i'll dress it with cream-cheese frosting. Either way, company tomorrow night will enjoy desert.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #504
Certified Pretend Chef

SO made a batch of pecan cookie balls.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #505
Head Chef

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
SO made a batch of pecan cookie balls.
How many have you eaten? I like to eat some whilst still warm!
Old 11-04-2014, 06:17 AM   #506
Chef Extraordinaire

I hope to make the Lemon Poppy Seed cake today for the church fair tomorrow. I am feeling much better after my disastrous day yesterday.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #507
Master Chef

Yeh, I purchased the ingredients for the blueberry snack cake, but forgot the eggs, so I didn't make it. I'll be making a cherry dump-cake instead. It'll be all I have time for after work. Ah well...

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 11-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #508
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Yeh, I purchased the ingredients for the blueberry snack cake, but forgot the eggs, so I didn't make it. I'll be making a cherry dump-cake instead. It'll be all I have time for after work. Ah well...

Nothing wrong with dump cakes. They are making a come-back.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #509
Assistant Cook

Not baking tonight, but I want to try brownies again. All I got us the packaged stuff. Maybe I could alter the recipe a little?
Old 11-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #510
Chef Extraordinaire

Well I got the Poppy Seed Lemon cake all done. Perfect cream cheese frosting. Not too sweet.

I had to run to the store to get some items. I was only gone about 30 minutes. Just time enough for The Pirate to wake up and cut himself a very large piece and a half gallon of chocolate milk. The urge to kill was very strong. So it looks like The Fair will not be getting a donation from me this year. The Fair is Saturday, but I don't think I will have the strength to bake anything else.

I have been up since early this morning. And I haven't stopped all day. Started with a two hour trip for my big shopping for the month. Get home and put away all the pantry items. Start the cake by getting all my items together in the order I will need them. Prepared the meats for the freezer. Ran out of plastic wrap with the last item to go in there. Measured out all the dry ingredients for the cake and then continued with the complicated recipe. While it was baking I cleaned up the kitchen with all the dishes and equipment from making the cake. I just kept going. By the time The Pirate arrived, I made him a couple of hot dogs for his supper. He then took a nap and woke up just as I was finishing the cake. And that is when I left for the store. By the time I got back I was so tired. Too tired to kill him or even yell. I just looked at him while shaking my head. Well, he now has a whole cake to himself. I can't eat any. All I could say was take a piece to work tomorrow.

So after doing all the little chores I wanted to get done, I decided it was time to get some sleep. I am so tired. I was almost asleep and got a dang cramp in my foot that worked it way up my leg. So here I am sitting at the computer ready to drop in my tracks. I put on Christmas songs on the TV. Nice soft music to fall asleep to. I hope.

Closed Thread

Tags
baking