What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO just made some brownies. I'm trying to get up enough energy to make bagels. It's not looking good.

Baked 1/2 a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes. The cupcakes were very good and the frosting was excellent. I ate one cupcake, the other two people ate the other 11! Good thing I didn't make a full batch...I figured 8 cupcakes/person was a bit on the excessive side...Red Velvet Cupcakes - Country Living

(I changed the frosting to include melted dark chocolate--it came to 1/2 c melted). I added this after I whipped the "first" chocolate mix into the butter. One I added the melted chocolate, I whipped it again. This is definitely going to be my "go to" chocolate frosting from now on.

Baked 1/2 a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes. The cupcakes were very good and the frosting was excellent. I ate one cupcake, the other two people ate the other 11! Good thing I didn't make a full batch...I figured 8 cupcakes/person was a bit on the excessive side...Red Velvet Cupcakes - Country Living

(I changed the frosting to include melted dark chocolate--it came to 1/2 c melted). I added this after I whipped the "first" chocolate mix into the butter. One I added the melted chocolate, I whipped it again. This is definitely going to be my "go to" chocolate frosting from now on.

Those sound awesome!

I'm making more cookies. My sister is having a bunch of her college friends over before they go see a play tonight, so I'm going to make a couple kinds of cookies to serve. ....Snickerdoodles, and chocolate/chocolate chip.

Those sound awesome!
The cupcakes are good, but the frosting is amazing--best part, no powdered sugar required (I didn't have enough XXX sugar to make frosting).

Over the years, I've made a number of recipes from CL (the 12 different muffin recipes from the late '80s are still my favorite muffin recipes). I haven't been disappointed in one of the recipes yet.

Last edited:
Now that I've gotten some rest and feel refreshed, I'm going to bake our Valentine cake.

It's a white cake with cherry pie filling in the batter and plenty of almond flavoring. It's baked in a heart-shaped pan and will be iced with a creamy almond icing and decorated with mini choc chips and slivered almonds.

Made a pan of gingerbread from the box of Trader Joe's mix that looked at me each time I got something from the pantry. Gotta hand it to TJs, even their boxed mixes taste homemade. A bit of vanilla bean ice cream on top and YUM!

Another loaf of no-knead. last couple loaves ended up 'flat'. realized I have been using the same open packet of yeast for quite a spell since a loaf only calls for 1/4 teaspoon. New packet opened for this loaf and the dough is waiting for the oven to heat up, and finally looks right after the last couple loaves.

My younger brother's been looking for a bread machine at his area's thrift stores, but no luck. I've been looking here and, last week, I scored a brand new Sunbeam one. Never used. The cord was still wrapped in the manner done at the factory. Instruction book and a box of bread mix was there, too. So, I've been putting the machine through its paces to be certain it's okay. Performing like a champ. Paid $7.50 for the machine. The current year's model of this machine retails at $110.00. Yeah!!!!!

Today I made a batch of our family's potato rolls. Perfect. Made two loaves of white toasting bread yesterday. Perfect, too. Tomorrow will be a couple of baguettes.

BTW, I only use the DOUGH setting. This way I can shape my doughs into what I want them to be. That's what my brother wants to do as well.

Nothing today. But I made a lemon cake (thank you Alix) yesterday and SO promptly took two big wedges for her brother and SIL to accompany the Chicken pies she's taking them for dinner. (He's recovering from an illness).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom