What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mmyap - that looks lovely! Is it like a batter mix? What we in UK call a cherry clafoutis?
BBC - Food - Recipes : Cherry clafoutis

I marinaded a pork belly overnight (fennel seeds, garlic, thyme, salt and oil),
so will be baking that tonight with celery, carrot + onion - it's a recipe. Having it with baked courgettes.

mmyap - that looks lovely! Is it like a batter mix? What we in UK call a cherry clafoutis?
BBC - Food - Recipes : Cherry clafoutis

Yes, I would agree with clafouti. It's a pourable batter. It's Ree Drummond's Blackberry Cobbler recipe with cherries instead. Reading through the comments there was some who thought it was a buckle, others who called it a traditional cobbler and one vote for it being a clafouti. Whatever it is, it's delicious with vanilla ice cream.:chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one single thing is going into my oven today! It is 31 degrees C and not much of a breeze. We have fans but it isn't helping much.

Just finished making and baking a dozen onion bagels. I haven't had a bagel in a month or so so I'm eager for tomorrow's breakfast.

pound cake

We are having two of Gary's sons and a granddaughter over for dinner. Will serve fresh fruit over the sliced pound cake for dessert.

Beth, we served grilled sliced pound cake with fruit topping for DH's teacher workshop. If you're already using the grill for dinner, it's a great use of the heat. It's really yummy! :yum:

I was reminded today that I'm on the hospitality committee for tomorrow's monthly Master Gardener meeting at 9 a.m. I'm taking the easy way out - I bought a couple of muffin mixes to make tonight. I'll also cut up one of my many cucumbers and float the slices in water for a refreshing drink.

Although my candied fruit melted and it was beginning to look a little sad, my lemon cheesecake managed to win our National Cheesecake Day competition at work (there were 8 entries, including mine).

Gotta love the trophy! :LOL:

img_1377956_0_811b556211a3db79f6e45e2bd7460006.jpg

Nice looking cheesecake Steve. However, I didn't know cheesecake was made from Swiss. :huh: Cute trophy too. :mrgreen: I'm just impressed you work in an office that has so much fun like cheesecake competitions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom