What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to attempt bread pudding today with portuguese sweet bread, dried cherries and walnuts. It's nice and rainy today so it's a great day for baking.

I'm going to attempt bread pudding today with portuguese sweet bread, dried cherries and walnuts. It's nice and rainy today so it's a great day for baking.

ALOHA mmyap!
you're making for-real sweet bread?
I haven't nade that is so many years...
I have my greatgrandmother's hand written recipe (she was full on Portuguese from the Azores) and it is just the best homemade bread,
EVER!!
with loads of butter and a HUGE bowl of Portuguese Bean Soup!
(*note to self-pull out Vovo's recipe book)
I have some soup in the deep freeze... HMMM!!:idea:DING!

I just finished making two half-sized
Rum Cakes to send off tomorrow
as Christmas gifts
I use this:
002.JPG
make one full recipe and divide it between to
two pans, fits perfectly into a cookie tin
for shipping.

I used my 3 very ripe and squishy bananas to bake a banana bread today. It tastes good, but it sunk in the middle. :ohmy: :( :LOL:

Last edited:
With The Pirate around I never have bread go stale. My daughter LOVES bread pudding. I will often make it with Pepperidge Farms Cinnamon Roll bread. The seasoning is already done for me. I just add the brown sugar and egg mixture. I am going to buy a loaf and hide it until he is not in the house and then make it. Although it does make for great French Toast. Unfortunately for me both dishes are not on my list of foods I eat. Just too many carbs. :angel:

My mother made a lot of bread pudding, mainly because it was cheap to make and since she baked, we always had bread. When I mentioned it to DH he was grossed out at the thought of soggy bread, until he ate it on the buffet at Hoss's. Now he's hooked. But now that I've developed diabetes I can't eat it so I don't make it anymore. LOL Poor DH.

My mother made a lot of bread pudding, mainly because it was cheap to make and since she baked, we always had bread. When I mentioned it to DH he was grossed out at the thought of soggy bread, until he ate it on the buffet at Hoss's. Now he's hooked. But now that I've developed diabetes I can't eat it so I don't make it anymore. LOL Poor DH.

When you get back to OH, you can bake to your hearts content. You will like me, have your kids to give all those goodies to. I could spend 24 hours of baking, and my SIL would be very happy to eat it all up in one sitting. Right now, The Pirate tell me that not one goodie leaves this house unless he gets the first helping. He tells me it is for quality control. Then hubby will be able to do your own quality control. :angel:

I have to make the Hershey Chocolate Cake for Christmas Dinner. I really am not in the mood to bake. But it is for family. Oh well! :angel:

Our House Smells Fabulous!

This is the second day in a row that I baked all day long,
REALLY!

I started today as well as yesterday
at 9am and finished up with
all of the washing up at 5pm.

Yesterday was cookies, Land-O-Lakes Jumbo Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
(they need to sit in the `fridge for 48 hours prior to baking)
Quakers Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Cookie Bars with dried Cranberries added
Hershey's Kiss Candy Cane Blossoms (a bust! I'll never do that again)
and lastly Hershey's Very Chocolate Chocolate Cookies

Today it was Rum Cakes
my GGMa's recipe, written in her own hand, Ginger Bread that kinda morphed.
I haven't made the Ginger Bread in so long, I forgot that it does make a rather large batch of batter; so I wound up making it into a loaf to take to a dinner party that we are invited to tomorrow evening and a dozen cupcakes to share with the neighbors (are you starting to get the feeling that the folks that live around us get loads of goodies from our house?)

BUT WAIT!
Then for dinner tonight, I'm making homemade pizza, MMM

Baking off some of the cookie dough that I made last night. We have a friend that owns the game store that Rob goes to and she adores my salty sweet butter pecan cookies, so I'm sending her a bx of those. Tomorrow evening I'll bake off more for the neighbors.

Baking off some of the cookie dough that I made last night. We have a friend that owns the game store that Rob goes to and she adores my salty sweet butter pecan cookies, so I'm sending her a bx of those. Tomorrow evening I'll bake off more for the neighbors.

Butter pecan cookies, oh my! :ohmy: Have you posted the recipe? Sounds wonderful.

Now I'm doing repeats. Today I made a second batch of Toll House Cookies. Everyone likes them so I can never have too many. I think cookies are done now for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom