What are you baking today? | 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing, bakechef. After my blueberry pie fiasco earlier this summer, I'll give this a try. The tapioca and apple should take care of the filling and the vodka will help with my crust.

You are welcome.

If you are using fresh blueberries, 3 pints will give you just the right amount for this recipe.

I made a different crust, but this vodka crust recipe is excellent and easy to work with, I wish that I had used this recipe instead. The recipe I used was just OK.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I made a clafoutis yesterday. It was easy enough that even Himself could make it, if he was so inclined. Alas, he prefers reclined.

Attachments

• 2015-08-04 00.05.18.jpg
    2015-08-04 00.05.18.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 150
Did I mention I made a blueberry pie Saturday?

Also a batch of onion bagels Sunday.

Grandson and I are making oatmeal raisin cookies today.

Wowza, you've been busy, but what about yesterday, Andy? You missed a day. Then again, none of us started the dinner thread either. Guess it WAS "Cook's Day Off".

Uncle Bob planted a blueberry seed the other day, and the weather is perfect for baking, so my intention is to make a blueberry crumble. Update to follow...

Did I mention I made a blueberry pie Saturday?

Also a batch of onion bagels Sunday.

Grandson and I are making oatmeal raisin cookies today.

My daughter's favorite. I hate raisins. I don't think I have bought any even for cooking in about five or more years. If I don't like it, then no one gets any. :angel:

Andy, oatmeal raisin cookies are in the top 3 of my fave cookies. I bet your grandson loved making cookies with grandpa. :)

CG, I'm interested in hearing about your blueberry crumble. Sounds good, and I have a bag of blueberries in the freezer. :yum:

Addie....I'm just the opposite! :LOL: I'll happily make just about anything for my family that I know they love, even if it includes ingredients I'm not particularly fond of.

Over the weekend, SO informed me that on Monday I was taking her somewhere for the day and buying her lunch. Being a wise man, on Monday I took her somewhere for the day and bought her lunch.
Well-played, Andy. You are wise AND smart. Probably good-looking, too.

Speaking of good-looking, the blueberry crumble looks great! My apologies to anyone currently headed here for a piece of blueberry crumble. Seems the two pounds I needed for a 9x13" baking pan turned out to be only 8 ounces. :whistling I ended up with a shallow, 6" pie plate. *sigh* It smelled great while baking, so we're hoping it's yummy, too. We're waiting for a little more room in our tummies before we dig in.

Attachments

• 2015-08-11 22.13.14.jpg
    2015-08-11 22.13.14.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 171
...CG, I'm interested in hearing about your blueberry crumble. Sounds good, and I have a bag of blueberries in the freezer...
So far, Cheryl, it looks and smells good. No reason to think it won't taste good too. However, the recipe specifically calls for "fresh blueberries". No mention of frozen. Still, if you want to test drive a small one (I ended up making only 1/4 of a recipe anyway), here is the recipe: Blueberry Crumble Recipe (Extra Blueberries)

Cheryl, or anyone really, if you make the blueberry crumble be sure to reduce the sugar! I did check the sweetness of the blues, and had already reduced the amount of sugar in the fruit part. I could have cut it back even more and also reduced it in the crumble part. Still, it was goooo-oood. :yum:

Cheryl, or anyone really, if you make the blueberry crumble be sure to reduce the sugar! I did check the sweetness of the blues, and had already reduced the amount of sugar in the fruit part. I could have cut it back even more and also reduced it in the crumble part. Still, it was goooo-oood. :yum:

Thanks, CG. I may try this tomorrow, with the scaled down recipe. Bookmarked it. I just checked my blueberries, they're only a few weeks old and vacuum sealed, so it just might work. I have all the ingredients, even the sliced almonds. Thanks for the sugar tip. :)

just took a strawberry rhubarb pie out of the oven, looking forward to digging in tomorrow when it's had a chance to cool and set up.

Today I'm baking Red Velvet Cupcakes for sister's birthday. These are her favorite and special birthday request. Love how the house smells when the cupcakes are baking. Reminds me of when our mom would make cupcakes for us and have them as a special treat after school. I miss those days.

Lawdy is that strawberry rhubarb pie delicious! How did I get to 41 years old without trying this pie? We had rhubarb growing wild in our back yard growing up, but I don't remember mom making a pie with it although it's very popular back home. We'd have people from town stop by and ask to pick some we'd always let them because we had plenty!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom