What are you Baking Today?|2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm proving that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I just turned the oven on to 425F to get ready to bake a dozen hamburger buns. Not the smartest thing to do when it's hotter than blazes outside but I just can't bring myself to buy what I've always made.

Good thing about this particular recipe is that the rolls only have to bake for about 10 minute, then the oven can be turned off. At least I had the sense to bake in the morning.:LOL:

Beginning to smell good already.

Bread

It's cold. It was raining. And we needed bread. Desperately. I could 1) put make-up and decent clothes on, and trek out in this slop or 2) dust off the bread machine, drag out the pastry board and a Bennington Pottery loaf pan, and bake bread.

I chose option 2:

Attachments

• 2016-10-01 19.18.39.jpg
    2016-10-01 19.18.39.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 145
Thanks, GG. I think half the loaf is already gone. :ermm: :ohmy: Planning on another, a whole wheat type, for tomorrow. Gonna use this flour (with some King Arthur's AP added in) that I got from an Amish general store in PA. )I also bought a couple pounds of white whole wheat) If things work out, we'll be hitting up the Amish store near Loverly's home during Christmas.

Attachments

• 2016-10-01 23.12.20.jpg
    2016-10-01 23.12.20.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 130
Three times! THREE times I took a photo. Each and every time it was a portrait. On my phone it looked "portrait". Same thing in my phone's gallery. And in both links to "Dropbox" on my laptop. Every. Single. Time. :blink:

I have no idea why DC wants my flour to lay down on the job, but it danged well better rise up tomorrow! :LOL:

Just turn your screen to read it the right way. :-p

Yesterday I made apple pie, it's October and it just felt like the right thing to do.

Today I'm making honey oatmeal bread I like having homemade bread in the freezer, sliced and ready for toast or sandwiches, so I make a couple loaves at a time.

I'm also making parmesan garlic herb bread, I'm really looking forward to having this with dinner.

Three times! THREE times I took a photo. Each and every time it was a portrait. On my phone it looked "portrait". Same thing in my phone's gallery. And in both links to "Dropbox" on my laptop. Every. Single. Time. :blink:

I have no idea why DC wants my flour to lay down on the job, but it danged well better rise up tomorrow! :LOL:

Just turn your screen to read it the right way. :-p

btw, I have Photo Director on my phone. When I upload a pic that doesn't want to display correctly, I open it in PD and save, then upload the saved one. I don't know why that works, but it does. HTH.

It displayed just fine everywhere (phone, tablet, laptop, Facebook-fer-cryin'-out-loud) except DC. I played it safe with today's loaf of French bread: I took a horizontal picture. ;)

Attachments

• 2016-10-02 18.19.17.jpg
    2016-10-02 18.19.17.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 138
It's showing up on my laptop. Maybe reload your page? Or use your imagination. It's a free-form loaf, a little browner than yesterday's pan-baked sandwich bread, and it looks like a squashed-end football that needs a tan. ;)

It's cold. It was raining. And we needed bread. Desperately. I could 1) put make-up and decent clothes on, and trek out in this slop or 2) dust off the bread machine, drag out the pastry board and a Bennington Pottery loaf pan, and bake bread.

I chose option 2:

Looks gorgeous! Good job. :chef:

I'm going to attempt a Carrot Ginger Cake with Ginger Mascapone Icing. Wish me luck, I haven't had the best experiences with cakes lately. :cool:

I have made cinnamonrolls, it is the cinnamon rolls day in Sweden. So yay, cinnamon rolls for evening meal.

Finally made the cake tonight. Here's a photo of it. It is a Kathy Lee original! I'll try to post the recipe somewhere.

Ukob5G5.jpg

img_1482920_0_d14936f9d3dd00972aaacff4ec023f7e.jpg

A chocolate truffle cake with white chocolate buttercream flowers. Not as pretty as I wanted since I had a four year old eating the butter cream flowers while I was trying to put them on.

Thank you CG! It was very spicy.

CP, that's a gorgeous cake. I've always wanted to get into cake decorating. Looks like a lot of fun.

I have big problems with Swedish butter being much softer then American or English, so buttercream recipe is hard to get perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom