What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i made some sticky buns this afternoon. don't know if it baking but pork chops and stuffing in oven for dinner and leftovers. i always cook when i am upset. do you guys do that?

Babe, I cook/bake when I am upset, mad, depressed, stressed. I find that it is a really tonic for me. Of course I cook and bake all the time so I SHOULD be a very peaceful and destressed person but I can't make that claim all the time! ;)

to be honest babe, I have the desire to bake every day...I have to stop and check my self to see if I REALLY need the bread/rolls/cookies/pie/brownies/etc.....and it is not hard to convince myself that I do!

that said, I am baking a quiche and some dinner rolls today:LOL:

we baked ham & cheese crossaint, chocolate crossaint, & 4 kinds of muffins. the muffins were the best i've tasted! can't wait to give my babe my efforts!

Having to redo the cappuccino Nanaimo bars - not happy with the filling or the topping. Gee, anyone need a good caffeine fix? I have about 32 bars up for grabs! :wacko: :chef:

Cooking, especially baking, is the best therapy for me. It is so focused and rewarding. Helps me to forget whatever is plaguing me at the time. And you end up with something good to eat!

i find baking to be very stressful- butterflies in my stomach, pastries class upsets my stomach. i'm not great at baking!

Luvs, everyone has good times and bad times with baking. It is more a science than the culinary aspect of cooking is. I have been baking for years and it can still frustrate me. You will do just fine. Just practice and relax. It will all of a sudden become second nature.

On that note, my cappuccino Nanaimo bars came out great the second time around! Now on to raspberry.

I'm baking a hummingbird cake today, using bananas harvested from our own tree. I'll frost it with cream cheese frosting in the morning, in time for our Spanish class, which is the last (whew!) in the series we've been taking.

I'm baking a recipe that I got from my Great Aunt called "Easy Brownies." They are the best brownie recipe that I've come across in a long time...and I get to mix them in my brand new KitchenAid stand mixer! Yay!

I have some mixed berry turnovers in the oven that are almost done baking . It was my first time using puff pastry so they don't look the prettiest . Hopefully they will taste good:) Either way I 'll know what not to do for next time :P

4 kinds of scones & 4 kinds of savory biscuits. meats & cheeses in 2 of them. very easy, those scones. was awesome.

4 kinds of scones & 4 kinds of savory biscuits. meats & cheeses in 2 of them. very easy, those scones. was awesome.

See, we told you you'd get the hang of it! I bet those scones tasted really wonderful too because you made them!

Keep up the great work, luvs.

awww, you're a lovebug! we overbaked those scones, though the dried cherry ones were crumbly-licious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom