What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran across a recipe for a peach pound cake the other day and so I tried it with chopped mangoes instead...just came out of the oven and we haven't tasted it yet, but it smells really good! (Rained all night, so it is a little cooler today.)

I ran across a recipe for a peach pound cake the other day and so I tried it with chopped mangoes instead...just came out of the oven and we haven't tasted it yet, but it smells really good! (Rained all night, so it is a little cooler today.)

Sounds delicious, Karen. I love anything peach!

Well, I am baking nothing today. Tomorrow I have to start on my last cake (for two weeks from now), but today I am taking a rest. This is what I baked all this week. The upper mini-cakes (and the top of the two-tiered "cutting cake" are lemon with raspberry and lemon fillings (separate). The lower darker mini-cakes and the bottom tier are banana chiffon with banana buttercream filling. There are 150 roses and buds in total on all the cakes. The third picture is from the back.

FunstonWeddingCake1b.jpg

FunstonWeddingCake2.jpg

FunstonWeddingCakeback.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Laurie, those cakes look gorgeous - makes me tired, though, just to look at them and think about all the work you did! My peach/mango pound cake turned out very buttery and moist...the recipe called for buttering the bundt pan and then sprinkling it with granulated sugar. I did that, and it made a wonderful crispy sugary crust on the cake. Yum.

NOTHING, (mad lauhgter)! my pastries cycle is over & i am on my way to new stuff. that would be AFTER vacation! :)

Nothing baking in this house except me! Hope it cools down before I have to start my next (and at the moment last) wedding cake baking frenzy!

Just finish getting second batch of custard for ice cream ready and in the refrigerator..Now to make Katie E.s dark devils food cake..
kadesma:)

Today I tried something new. I had a couple of bananas that were getting just a little too ripe. I also had a Jiffy mix of brownies so... I mashed the fruit, mixed up the brownies and combined them. Baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and I must admit it really was quite good. Chocolate and bananas... now what could be better than that?

Last edited:
Did two loaves of banana bread and a pan of rice crispie squares. Must do a couple more pans of rice crispie squares and a couple of puffed wheat squares for tomorrow. Gotta feed some ball teams.

i made a cake, billed as "a double lemon cake." cake from lemon cake mix, baked then topped with what amounts to lemon pie filling, eagle brand, lemon juice, egg yokes , then poured over the hot cake. baked another ten minutes. my lord , it looks good, has to chill over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom