What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made a chocolate cake, using a recipe from an old church cookbook from Starbuck, MN. We're having it warm with Breyer's natural vanilla ice cream.

I'm thinking pound cake, using part semolina flour, no vanilla, so may throw in some rum for a flavor enhancer.I'll make individual cakes and try and give most away...

I changed my mind. I'm baking bread, using leftover water from boiling potatoes and corn cobs last night. It's a wet dough. flour (white and wheat) Added butter, salt, milk powder (to the liquid). Using semolina on the exterior, will use the cast iron dutch oven.
(I have pound cake in the freezer, took it out!!)

I made a double batch of wheat bread, using my me-proof recipe. I made rolls, though, instead of loaves. Some of them are to go with a batch of chicken-tortellini soup I made to take to a lady in my church who is recovering from surgery.
The rest are for us!!! :mrgreen:

Modified my recipe for Blueberry muffins by putting Blackberries and raw sunflower seeds in them instead. Made 12 with my sourdough starter and 2 cups of whole wheat. Amazingly there are 3 left. I guess I will take them upstairs to my elderly neighbor as a treat. They are VERY moist and flavorful. Mmmm

10 dozen cookies - 5 dozen chocolate chip and 5 dozen snickerdoodles - for our youth group's trip up north for five days. Don't worry, other people are making items too - 20+ kids couldn't last 5 days on 120 cookies! :LOL::LOL:

Well - - - I baked the "no knead" baugette, like everyone else did, but we didn't eat it - we devoured it! It was far and away one of the best I've baked in years, and the easiest I've ever done. Wow! A full, velvety Cabernet, some cheeses and fruit amd that wonderful bread. What a supper!
Got the book today and I'm going baking! I highly recommend it to one and all. Why work at baking when this new method is so simple and easy? Enjoy.

Laurie - too bad it doesn't work for cakes and cookies, too. LOL

Dave, which book do you have? I have seen a couple through my cook book club and I am never sure which one is the best for no knead.

As for the cookies and cakes, my KE Pro is wonderful. I can make 12 dozen chocolate chip cookies in it from creaming to stirring in the chips then my convection oven bakes 60 at a time in 6 minutes. Now if I could find some way to speed up traying them (even with my disher it is too slow for the oven) I would be a happy baker! I have another order for 20 dozen cookies of various types for two weeks from now with a few cakes thrown in there too.

These ones today were a labour of love though, not business. This is the first year I haven't gone on the trip with "my kids" in 6 years and I wanted to send something with them to remember my by! :chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom