What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
modified a recipe using new crescent dough. so here goes.

two cans crescent dough or crescent rolls (much easier with dough) grease a 9 by 13 pan. open one sheet of dough and place in pan. mix two pks of cream cheese ( i used cream cheese spread and it worked just fine. with 1/2 cub sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. mix well. take a jar of jam or preserves ( your fave) i used smuckers no sugar blueberry. melt bout 25 seconds in microwave. oops got ahead of myself. spread cream mixture over dough. spread jam on top cream cheese. try not to mix together. place second piece of dough on top using hands to stretch it just a little. melt one quarter cup butter, mix in 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp. Cinnamon, could use more. bake in 350 degree oven 40 min. or until lightly brown.

i cut sugar in recipe in half was just fine. and using the sugar free jam, cut it even more. cool for 15 mim before serving. good at room temp and cold as well. it was a very quick dessert. you can call it whatever you want to. i changed it so much from original recipe that it is now mine. so babe's yummy pastry. lol

Making banana cake today,though i still have to think about which frosting to use as i dont have cream cheese at hand today.What about a chocolate fudge frosting?will it be good with a banana cake?

Making banana cake today,though i still have to think about which frosting to use as i dont have cream cheese at hand today.What about a chocolate fudge frosting?will it be good with a banana cake?

it would be too rich for my taste, but I know a lot of people would
probably like it. visualize a banana split!
you could also try a vanilla buttercream frosting, if you wanted to
do the work!:rolleyes:

I do. Triple chocolate pound cake in fact. I'll post it later and link here.

Its cooler today as we had a lovely thunderstorm blow through last night. If it stays cool I will do some baking. My kiddos need cookies and I'm craving some cake now. I'll post later what I decided to do.

oatmeal blueberry bars and whole wheat hamburger buns:)

now I better get started on the hamburgers:LOL:

Attachments

• DSCF0028.jpg
    DSCF0028.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 171
Oh bethzaring, those look wonderful! Thanks for posting the picture! I've been going thru my old magazines looking for something tempting to bake but nothing strikes my fancy.

Just took a vanilla pound cake out of the oven. Made some raspberry sauce to go with it for dessert tonight.

gonna put together a luscious lemon poke cake for granddaughters bday. her request. so will bake the cake base for it. i love lemon desserts.
sounds yummy! i also love lemon desserts. my fav is from scratch lemon meringue pie.

I baked a rhubarb and blackberry pie - and it came out just right! Just a little sweet and tasty tart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom