What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster cookie recipe

I'll just post that recipe here too...

Monster Cookies
6 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. soda
1 cup butter or oleo (I use butter flavored Crisco)
2 cups peanut butter
9 c. oatmeal (quick 1-minute)
12 oz. chocolate chips
10 oz. M & Ms
Mix in order given. Drop by spoonfuls, then flatten.
Bake @ 350 for 12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies may want to crumble when first out of the oven, but become more firm when they cool. Yields approx 7 dozen cookies. You can press M&Ms on top of cookie after on the cookie sheet. (I think it’s easier to mix them in the dough.) Can use pecans instead. Also can cut back on peanut butter.
monster-cookies.jpg

Do lavash chips count? Lavash is similar to tortillas only bigger and oval shaped (at least here) and you cut them into chip sizes, lightly brush with a mixture of butter and Ranch Dip & parmesan cheese, sprinkle black cumin or toasted sesame seeds or whatever strikes your fancy, bake and serve with dip or salsa. Delicious.

I am not actually baking anything today but I am planning to bake an Italian style cheesecake next week for the anniversary or my boyfriends and my first date. It will have a ground almond base. I am going to top it with some kind of fruit sauce if I find a suitable type of fruit to make it with this weekend.

Mel

i ended up having leftovers for dinner yesterday and never made my hot dog buns...
so my dough is rising at present before i put it off again!
THEN oatmeal raisin cookies.
THEN naptime! (the kids and possibly ME)

i ended up having leftovers for dinner yesterday and never made my hot dog buns...
so my dough is rising at present before i put it off again!
THEN oatmeal raisin cookies.
THEN naptime! (the kids and possibly ME)

I will take six hot dog buns and two dozen oatmeal raisin cookies and can you FedEx them please? Collect of course! :LOL:

This morning I'm baking some cottage cheese/dill/onion bread, and some snickerdoodle cookies. Twice a month, we have an Art Walk here in Bucerias, and I always bring some cookies to the gallery that sells my paintings. Amazing how the tourists scarf up those cookies - much faster than the jalapeno dip and chips that Jorge provides.

bread

going to make some foccaia bread later. i am gonna see how it works with store bought pizza crust. olive oil, onions rosemary and anything else in the pantry that might work.

babe:chef:

I'm making cupcakes today. Probably just plain white ones to be frosted. It's my daughter's first birthday today and I want to have cake for her. We're not having grandparents over for cake until Saturday so I'll make a real cake for Saturday. Today, just cupcakes. :)

Oh thanks, Fisher's Mom! I wish you could, too! My avatar is a detail from one of my paintings...if you want to look at more, I have picture's posted on our Flickr page. The url is Flickr: Photos from Karen & Jerry

The bread is on its last rise and smells wonderful, and the cookies are turning out great. Wow, our little casa is full of wonderful fragrances this morning. Soon it will be too warm to bake comfortably - I'll enjoy while I can.

Oh thanks, Fisher's Mom! I wish you could, too! My avatar is a detail from one of my paintings...if you want to look at more, I have picture's posted on our Flickr page. The url is Flickr: Photos from Karen & Jerry

The bread is on its last rise and smells wonderful, and the cookies are turning out great. Wow, our little casa is full of wonderful fragrances this morning. Soon it will be too warm to bake comfortably - I'll enjoy while I can.
Oh my gosh, Karen - you are soooo talented. You know, I always thought your avatar was a little piece of a Picasso - it is very reminiscent. And I adore your dia los muertos paintings. Thanks so much for posting this. And so we stick to the topic, I don't think you'd need cookies to sell your work, but I think it's a lovely touch!

I'm making cupcakes today. Probably just plain white ones to be frosted. It's my daughter's first birthday today and I want to have cake for her. We're not having grandparents over for cake until Saturday so I'll make a real cake for Saturday. Today, just cupcakes. :)

Happy Birthday to your daughter Meg! Have fun with her.

Yesterday I made those Monster cookies, but only 1/2 the recipe. Holy COW they make a lot! They are killer good though. I'm thinking next time I make them I'm going to try them with Nutella instead of peanut butter since Bugs best friend ~emz~ is allergic to peanuts. I'll keep you posted on how they turn out.

I'm "baking" some granola today if I ever get out of this chair!

Yes, Meg, Happy Birthday to your daughter. I am originally from Sask too, but been a West Coaster for a long time. Still cheer for those Roughies though!

I am out of cookies for our boarder's lunch so will have to fit it into the day somehow. Just can't wrap my head around buying them......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom