"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #1191
Executive Chef

with all this talk about lasagna, wondered if I was the only person to make this version. honestly, I could not believe how good it was and how tall and how the sauce which was very thin and soupy came together. very good and I'll do it over and over again, very big recommendation on my part for this

Old 10-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #1192
Head Chef

Ran out of these so I made another batch this morning.

JoeV

Old 10-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #1193
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I know I talked about it awhile back Lefselover...that's not the recipe I used but that one does look gooood!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #1194
Executive Chef

I am not usually a person that would quickly jump on tackling one of RR's recipes. But when she made this on the show, I kept rewinding it, so figured it interested me somehow. I made sure I had all the ingredients and assembled it all and baked it up. I was surprised that the sauce is very loose very runny but I think it's because the noodles are no cook first kind so they need to be hydrated with the cooking, sooooooooooooooooo dang good!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #1195
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We just need some of Joev's bread to sop up the liquid with.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #1196
Executive Chef

yea, that'd be great.
JoeV, your breads look wonderul.
do you own a secret bakery somewhere?
cause I'm convinced that those are so professionally made [those buns of yours]
Old 10-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #1197
Chef Extraordinaire

I know. They look beautiful. Paul walked by this morning and said "wow!! Those look good".

OH JOEV...will you make my hubby some bread, please?
Old 10-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #1198
Executive Chef

my husband loves sweet type breads that we often times get at restaurants for our dinners. ie. pumpkin, date, carrot, squaw, etc.
think I'll check my kitchen store and see if there's any pumpkin in there.
I have dates, I have zucchini, I have carrots, I have specialty raisins [all colors and sizes to a bag]. if there is pumpkin in a can, I'll make something up for him that is rich/dense/complex that he can enjoy tonight, oh, sorta like me
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #1199
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
yea, that'd be great.
JoeV, your breads look wonderul.
do you own a secret bakery somewhere?
cause I'm convinced that those are so professionally made [those buns of yours]
Here we go again with my buns... Nope, no secret bakery, just repetition is what makes them turn out so well. I must say that DW really does like my "buns..." for making sandwiches, that is.

pdswife, I wish I could make bread for everyone that asks, but it's just not possible. Methinks you might try some NYT and see how easy and delicious it is. I just had a ham sammy with NYT Whole Wheat. Can you say Yummo?

I donated a bread baking class in our home for four people as as silent auction item for a fundraiser (local mental health network) last Saturday, and a friend from church was the high bidder. We named the item "A loaf of bread, a jug of wine and thou." We made up a basket with a bottle of merlot and a loaf of Italian bread and a loaf of NYT Italian Herb bread for the winner to take home. She's all excited to learn how to make NYT, Italian bread and, you guessed it, Joe's "buns." The hard part is selecting which three friends to bring to the class to participate. Surprisingly, she now has some "new friends" that have just surfaced since Sunday morning.

JoeV
Old 10-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #1200
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
Here we go again with my buns...DW really does like my "buns..." for making sandwiches, that is.JoeV
Um, something tells me otherwise, it's my guess as a tried and true wife, she really does like your buns too JoeV.

Tags
rye bread